engine dimensions - General Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
engine dimensions
Monday, August 28, 2006 7:45 PM
I'm thinking of using an ecotec as the engine in my newest project, but I need to know the dimensions of one. They look like they are very wide compared to most 4 cylinders and frame rail clearance might be a problem.

I found a very rough dimensiond drawing on ebay claiming it was 25" wide, but this wasn't very detailed. Does anyone have an ecotec sitting around they could measure the length,width, and height for me? And does the engine get significantly narrower without a power steering pump?

Re: engine dimensions
Tuesday, August 29, 2006 2:51 PM
All I know is the 2.2 longblock weighs ~350 lbs which is pretty damn light thanks to an all aluminum construction and hollowed out pistons. The 2.4 cant weigh too much more.
Tuesday, September 05, 2006 6:32 PM
Robert, I have an Ecotec and 5 spd out of a new Solstice sitting on a pallet in the garage floor. I could probably get you any dimensions you want. Tell me specifically what you need and I will measure it for you.
Monday, December 24, 2007 11:38 PM
I would be very interested in the dimensions and any information that anyone could provide.
I want to use the Solstice/Sky engine and transmission in a 1959 (Bugeye) Sprite that I recently acquired.

Thanks in advance for any information on the best drive train to use in the Bugeye to have a reliable daily driver.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search