HELP: Black smoke / no coolant / now wont start - General Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
HELP: Black smoke / no coolant / now wont start
Monday, September 30, 2013 6:20 AM
I have a 2003 Sunfire with a 2002 2.2L ecotec motor, manual transmission with 130,000 KM that has been transformed into a STOCK race car. The racing is entry level racing where everything must be stock with the exception of adding safety equipment (roll cage, welded doors etc).

The AC and heater core have been removed, unfortunately all of the gauges had also been removed.

Other than that the car is original.

Two races in a row the car has lost all of its water (coolant not allowed). A video of the cars last few laps show thick black smoke coming from the exhaust under full power, the car did not lose any power and my fastest laps were the last few.

When I come into the pits, check the coolant reservoir it is empty, left the car running and poured in coolant and water, it was being cycled and began to boil. The fan was not running. Continued to fill the reservoir as the car continued to lose water. At this point the exhaust was colourless.

After having to shut the car off to return home, the car wont start and water comes from the exhaust manifold when turning it over.

This is the second time in a row this has happened, replaced the motor for this race and now it wont start.

The motor ran well before the race, when shut off no leaks in the shop.

Please help!!!

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search