2.2 motor swap, handful of issues. Please help! - General Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
2.2 motor swap, handful of issues. Please help!
Sunday, June 07, 2015 8:00 PM
Hey everyone,
I'm new to the forum and I'm hoping someone can help me with a few issues iv ran into while doing a motor swap in my 03 cavalier hornet dirt track car. The original motor jumped time and grenaded, so after about 3 weeks I managed to find another 2.2 eco out of an 05 malibu. It took a few modifications but it went in with no major issues until now. The car struggles to start and when it finally does it will gradually drop rpms until it cuts out and dies. I checked the crank position sensor and the reluctor wheel to make sure they matched, which they do. I have good fuel pressure and good air flow also. I ended up replacing the crank position sensor just to make sure it wasn't faulty, and after doing so I realized I had forgotten to disconnect the battery and it sparked off the starter, so I took no chances and replaced the new one with an even newer one. After the spark I realize the Guage cluster has power but no lights turn on. I checked all fuses and found nothing. Iv replaced to coil pack, spark plugs, everything it seems like. If anyone has any more ideas please help!

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search