What is the point of ramp-up in a balanced world? - General Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
What is the point of ramp-up in a balanced world?
Tuesday, September 12, 2017 2:36 AM
I've been thinking about this a lot lately, mainly since it's getting pretty obvious how shadow is gradually lagging behind week by week as kill times get shorter. Why does a spec need to wait for 40 seconds into the fight to peak damage when basically every other spec in the game will peak within 20 seconds? You would think that a massive build up would lead to a massive reward, but due to this expansions tuning, it will never be higher than anything that another spec can do within 10 seconds.

Is it purely for gameplay reasons then? I really enjoy how shadow plays (which is saying something after the class fantasy genocide), but sometimes it just feels like we wait too long for a mediocre result. The only time I felt that the ramp was worth it was when surrender was a thing, and to me that gameplay really drove home the slow crescendo, massive bang that voidform was intended to deliver.

Am I just starting to lose love for the spec or has anyone else felt this way?

I didn't find the right solution from the Internet.

References:http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/2211664-What-is-the-point-of-ramp-up-in-a-balanced-world

Brand Product Teaser

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search