cobalt supercharger for a cavalier - Boost Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
cobalt supercharger for a cavalier
Wednesday, June 21, 2006 11:19 PM
as my topic states does anyone know if a cobalt supercharger will fit my 2004 cavalier

i'm not very good with mods of any sorts but i have friend that does most of my work for me. so any information u can provide would be very greatful.

i've checked the price of the gm superchager they make for my car its kinda outa my range at the moment. and i have found a friend who has taken his s/c outa his cobalt and turbo'd it and he's willing to sell me his s/c .

Re: cobalt supercharger for a cavalier
Thursday, June 22, 2006 3:50 PM
Here ya go, the pics are on the right hand side:
Clicky Clicky

Thursday, June 22, 2006 4:08 PM
nice ride man. thats the gm supercharger if i am right... i was asking about a supercharger from a 2006 cobalt that my friend took outa his ride. was wondering if it would fit my 2004 cavalier
Thursday, June 22, 2006 5:02 PM
Its the exact same supercharger, the M62. Same manifold and blower.

Thursday, June 22, 2006 7:55 PM
I buy the supercharger if you dont wante
Sunday, June 25, 2006 7:39 PM
You will have to do certain things I believe, I will ask some ppl at my work tomorrow but i think a fuel rail and a couple other things will need changing

I have one true love in my life...And my girlfriend sits next to me in it
Wednesday, July 05, 2006 6:26 PM
it will fit. planing on geting one soon too.
Sunday, August 13, 2006 8:45 AM
yeah, it'll fit. Unfortunately, you wont be getting the 205 horses that the cobalt is making because the engine is totally different. it was made for a supercharger. If you just use a bolt on, you might reach 175-180 hp i think and thats a big maybe. you would need new cams, manifold, you would need some form of intake system as well as a boost controller and a performance chip. I used to wrench around on my old car, a 95 regal gran sport. The engine was a n/a 3.8 with 205 horses and 235 tq. I bolted on the supercharger from my dads 99 park avenue ultra (s/c 3.8 240hp and 285 tq) and you know what? I only made 15 hp and maybe 30 tq. You have a better chance for power and performance by either swapping an engine from a s/c cobalt or a s/c ion which are cheaper im sure, or you could always buy all those parts and then a supercharger! Both are expensive though. Da Cavalier Kid Strikes Again!
Sunday, August 13, 2006 7:19 PM
^^^ There's no boost controller for a supercharger and the performance chips for our cars are dyno proven to give maybe 1-2 horsepower.

Monday, August 14, 2006 11:13 AM
Whats this? A challenge? Ha Ha, I accept. Sorry for the misprint. Its true that superchargers do not have a boost controller. I meant an ecu controller. From research on your profile, I can see that you have a roots type supercharger like you will find on a cobalt ss. I myself am more partial to centrifugal superchargers. In case you are unfamiliar with them, they work similar to the roots type only they have a higer power potential at higher rpm. It is neccessary to have an ecu to monitor the blowers effect on your emmisions and your mileage. Thanks alex for the correction. However, lets look at one fact. When the 2.2L in a 04 cavalier is only pumping 140 hp, it seems to me that every horse counts... yes even 1 or 2! Da Cavalier Kid Strikes Again!
Wednesday, August 23, 2006 10:00 AM
i have an 04 cavalier with the gm supercharger on it. also k&n cone filter and magnaflow dual 2 1/4 inch exhaust. dynoed at 209.3 horsepower at 6300 rpm. 212 lbs of torque. this with gm reflash of ecu and 94 octane fuel. you can get gm supercharger online from paceperformance.com for like $2459. I got my local chevy dealer to price match.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search