Turbo Upgrade - Boost Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Turbo Upgrade
Monday, May 01, 2006 2:32 PM
Ok, I have a 2000 Cavalier LS Sedan with a 2.2L Ecotec engine. Ive had the car about four years and have taken good care of it, although I do tend to drive it kind of hard, it still runs perfectly at 96,000 miles. I plan to have the car for at least another 2 1/2 years so Im kinda gettin impatient with and quite frankly bored, living with 115 horsepower. I love the engine and for what it is, it makes other cars with the same power look and feel weak. At this point though, I would like to get a little more out of it. Im not looking to run in the low 12's or anything, but I would like to get about 200 horsepower while running on stock internals. I plan on goin the turbo route so i would like to know what my options are. I dont want to sound like i want cheap power, but this really just isnt the car i want to pour all my money into. This is my everyday driver that needs to last with no problems for another couple years. I know the engines are pretty much bulletproof if done right so i would like to know what would be a good cost efficient, powerful and reliable turbo upgrade wihtout having to do any internal mods. If anyone has any suggestions that would be great. Thanks a lot.

Re: Turbo Upgrade
Monday, May 01, 2006 2:35 PM
Perhaps the HAHN Racecraft Stage 1 Turbo kit. Or do what a lot of people on the .org do and go custom. Just my $0.02

Re: Turbo Upgrade
Tuesday, May 02, 2006 1:12 AM
If you have a swapped in ECOTEC, you have 140 Crank Horsepower and depending on what type of transmission you have, wheel horsepower varies due to drivetrain loss.

If you didn't swap that engine, are you sure you have an ECOTEC motor?

Putting a turbo setup on your car is an investment...you just have to make sure that this investment is worth your while and if you can handle monitoring and handling any type of problem that might occur. It's a big financial responsibility.

Not saying that a turbo setup can't be reliable but you still have to maintain it because your car didn't come like that stock and you have alot of situations that could cause problems like:

Oil leaks, boost leaks, smoking issues, fuel issues etc

www.kronosperformance.com / 732-742-8837

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search