GM supercharger - Page 2 - Boost Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: GM supercharger
Friday, November 18, 2005 1:40 PM
If I remember right, the kit comes with some kind of voucher to take to the dealership. After they inspect that it was installed correctly, they will reflash it for free with the voucher.

I think that is what it said in either GM pamhplet that was introducing it, or in the GM Sport Compact build book. I don't have my book or pamphlet here at work.

Sunday, November 20, 2005 7:41 AM
Anyone know if it comes with an intercooler?

"We ride together. We die together. Bad boys for life."
Tuesday, November 22, 2005 1:27 PM
It does not come with an intercooler.

What I want to know is if the intake manifold in the kit is the same as the LSJ. Which has the water cooler charge tube in the manifold.
Wednesday, November 23, 2005 1:43 AM
Xian G wrote:It does not come with an intercooler.

What I want to know is if the intake manifold in the kit is the same as the LSJ. Which has the water cooler charge tube in the manifold.

yes the 2.0 intercooled manifold SHOULD work. thats what i have been told by some on JBO.its the same exact s/c and everything thats on the 2.0 except its not intercooled. and when i went to my pontiac dealership gave them the part number they said they were showing its available and could get me one. but i prolly would have received a call later that week and been told i have been put on a waiting list or something of that sort.

MY 2003 SUNFIRE 15.6@86mph

"A N/A ecotec is not gonna give Honda's and Mitsu's that much of a run for their
money unless their blown or bottle fed.GM is still smokin crack!"
~1QWKZ24
www.streetracing.org, 08/2001
Wednesday, November 23, 2005 5:58 PM

Contact Pace Performance on the Internet. They should know when GM will be coming out with the Ecotec Supercharger Kit #1780003.
Saturday, November 26, 2005 6:36 AM
Maybe you might want to read... I already contacted GM. They said exactly 45-60 days from the day I called which I posted when i was told.

I looked into the supercharger and manifold part numbers. The parts are the exact same ones that are on the Cobalt SS and Ion Redline. So the manifold does have the charged cooler tube. It does not come with the intercooler. The P/n for the intercooler (which fits between the radiator & condenser) is 22720231.

Quoting the build book, "The product information label (12593900) must be presented to dealer in order to recieve the new calibration. The sc warranty will only be honored if the authorized GM dealership will verify proper installation of the SC, and properly maintained & fully operational powetrain of the vehicle. During the recalibration, which needs an appointment and may require a full day, Gm authorized dealershp will activated the SC warranty and validates the installation. Failure to recalibrate the PCM after SC kit install, will result in voiding the warranty on both the product and vehicle. Warranty does not cover installation or installation related issues involving SC kit installed outside of authorized GM dealership."

So, basically you can install it, but your car better be in mint condition after, with no CELs or broken stuff on the powertrain. Once the dealership insures your powertrain is ok and the SC was installed correctly they will then recalibrate the PCM and give you warranty paperwork for the kit.
Saturday, November 26, 2005 4:26 PM
a friend of my sons measured the supercharger on his cobalt SS to see if it would fit on his cavalier, he said that there was no way it would fit. there is one simple solution, that is to call gm tech support
Saturday, November 26, 2005 7:14 PM
James N:

Whatever your son's friend says, with all due respect, he is totally wrong. The Eaton M62 supercharger on the Cobalt SS is the exact same one that GM performance parts is packaging for the Cavalier and Sunfire Ecotec 2.2 motors. A select few people belonging to the JBO (airtonics and andy brooks) have transferred a Cobalt SS M62 supercharger (including intecooler) to a Cavalier 2.2 ecotec with tons of success. They had to configure custom fuel setups and custom plates for the throttle bodies to make it work but it can be done. You can search on JBO to see their results.

For my part I too have inquired through the GM dealer as to when the s/c package will be available and they have said (after numerous phone calls) that it is "awaiting final approval from their engineering department".

I just hope that GM releases it in the timeframe that they quoted Xian G.
Monday, November 28, 2005 9:03 AM
^^^ I believe Airtonics took a Redline S/C, but they are still the same thing.

Sunday, December 04, 2005 7:20 AM
Does this come with any type of fuel management?
Wednesday, December 07, 2005 3:27 PM
^ The dealer will have to perform a software reflash on the PCM that takes care of the Fuel map. The kit also includes high flow injectors and a two bar map sensor to install.

I'm still holding out for the S/C kit but if it isn't released by Spring of 06 then I'm going turbo.

Saturday, January 14, 2006 12:00 AM
Anyone heard anything new on this?
Saturday, January 14, 2006 10:57 PM
yeah whats up with this thing????

Monday, February 13, 2006 9:45 PM
i have a complete supercharger system of a cobalt ss that im trying to sell. has less than 500 miles on it. email me at dat_piff214@yahoo.com for pics and more details.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search