turbo charged 2.2L with nitrous - Boost Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
turbo charged 2.2L with nitrous
Sunday, January 15, 2006 10:51 AM
i was curious if a turbocharged 2.2L ecotec could still run nitrous. there is a garret T3 turbocharger now available for the cobalt 2.2 so would nitrous still be an option or should it be used too reduce air inlet temperatures?

Re: turbo charged 2.2L with nitrous
Sunday, January 15, 2006 8:23 PM
its possible but the stock bottom end may not be able to handle the strain. Keep in mind that approximately 280 hp is the max that the stock rods will handle so if the turbo gets you close the NOS might put you over and hole your block.

"Racing is life Everything else is just waiting"
Phil
Friday, January 20, 2006 3:33 PM
I would be very careful with nitrous on a turbo Eco with a stock bottom end.

Really it is going to depend on the boost you are running. If I remember correctly somewhere around 12psi will get you around 250hp and still be reasonably reliable. If you want any more power than that on stock internals you had better be prepared to rebuild your bottom end really soon or scrap the entire thing when you throw a rod out the side of it.
Thursday, January 26, 2006 12:25 AM
I wouldn't risk it...

The turbocharger if it's properly matched for your motor wouldn't necessarily need nitrous...just turn up the PSI for more power. Also, the nitrous would add more strain to the motor (like said before) than boost would. I would say just worry about 1 form of boost before you enter the next form of boost.

www.kronosperformance.com / 732-742-8837

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search