THE HAHN EFFECT........................ - Boost Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
THE HAHN EFFECT........................
Tuesday, November 08, 2005 2:09 PM
http://www.hahnracecraft.com/auto/Cavalier/ecotecplatform.htm

this is the turbo kit i am going for....yay....or nay??? what do you guys think?

Re: THE HAHN EFFECT........................
Tuesday, November 08, 2005 8:44 PM
ok, i'll bite.

"yay". hahn has made a name for themselves around the DSM crowd. their kit seems to be the most reliable, best engineered kit out there for the eco j's. i'm basing this on the number of people who have posted on jbo complaining (service, quality, etc) about other companies (exploited, haas, etc) vs the number about hahn.

also the fact that bill hahn is a jbo forum member and is there to answer any questions you have.

-DS
--------
"I'm a product, of my environment
So don't blame me, I just work here
But I wanna f*** it up"
Offspring - americana
Tuesday, November 15, 2005 2:57 PM
do you know what the max boost you can get out of their turbocharger is? so far i am only seeing the one rated for 8 psi. has anyone contacted them to get any more information by chance?

i hear that they provide the whole setup including FMU as well as good reputation, so i am going to also give a "yay"
but i am very interested to know what levels of boost are available.
Wednesday, November 16, 2005 5:10 PM
anything for a 2.4 eco yet?
Tuesday, November 22, 2005 7:28 AM
yay, gonna get one myself
Wednesday, November 23, 2005 2:03 AM
Jason Thompson wrote:anything for a 2.4 eco yet?

JBP is workign on a 2.4eco last i read

MY 2003 SUNFIRE 15.6@86mph

"A N/A ecotec is not gonna give Honda's and Mitsu's that much of a run for their
money unless their blown or bottle fed.GM is still smokin crack!"
~1QWKZ24
www.streetracing.org, 08/2001
Thursday, November 24, 2005 8:24 PM
the super 16 g turbo they supply is rated to allow up to 35 psi
with a boost controller

Sunday, November 27, 2005 5:08 PM
The only thing I disagree with is the inline fuel pump. I don't have a turbo or supercharger kit on my 03' Cavalier (Ecotec). But I am running a NOSzle setup. I installed a 255 LPH intank fuel pump, modifying the fuel lines after the filter with 6AN hose, an Aeromotive LT1 adjustable fuel pressure regulator, and a fuel cooler. I also modified the wiring to the new fuel pump by running a single 8AWG wire from the fuse block in the engine bay to the pump wiring at the fuel tank to eliminate voltage drops. If you have the Helm Inc. Factory Manuals you'll see that GM has 3 connectors between the fuel pump relay and the fuel pump and that the wiring is at most 16 AWG. You can modify the fuel reservoir inside the fuel tank by drilling 2 holes in the bottom per GM Sport Compact Build Book.
http://www.gm.com/company/gmtunersource/html/race_shop_build_book.htm
I'm sure what the rating is on the stock intank fuel pump in regards to Liter/Pounds per hour. Why take the chance that the stock fuel pump can't keep up with the demand placed on it by an inline fuel pump that needs more fuel than the stock intank pump can supply.? You definitely do not want the fuel pressure to drop under boost or the fuel pressure to vary because of voltage demands running 2 fuel pumps. It isn't that hard to drop the fuel tank and replace the factory intank fuel pump with an aftermarket one. I bought my fuel pump from autoperformanceengineering.com. I chose these guys because they show diagrams of flow/pressure vs. voltage and they have pix of the different Walbro pumps.
Other than using an inline fuel pump I think the Hahn kit is the best engineered one out there.
Saturday, December 03, 2005 10:55 PM
i am doing the stage 2 turbo kit. hope they can have it to me soon

Saturday, December 03, 2005 10:56 PM
on the factour motor without out a build up, you can runn 8 psi without blowing anything up.

Wednesday, January 18, 2006 4:10 PM
Silver&Black FastTrack wrote:on the factour motor without out a build up, you can runn 8 psi without blowing anything up.

That's somewhat of an incorrect assumption. With the proper fuel mods, I've seen an Ecotec handle double that number with no internal work. If you take a look at the J-Body forums, many members with boosted Eco's are safely running higher boost levels. The most well-known member, Hypsy, works closely with Hahn Racecraft and is running mid 12's with his boosted Eco (stock motor).

Blown.

Friday, January 20, 2006 10:06 AM
whats his hp out? someone else mentioned that 12 psi would put you at 250hp, the max reliable hp for the ecotec 2.2l.
Thursday, January 26, 2006 9:14 AM
Blown Ecotec wrote:whats his hp out? someone else mentioned that 12 psi would put you at 250hp, the max reliable hp for the ecotec 2.2l.

My last dyno numbers were 260WHP and 278lb/Ft Tq. Equates to 300HP/316Tq approxiamtely at the crank. I always said GM's numbers can't be put into a practical application because of how they did their testing....but no one listened. You all will when I run 300WHP and 300lb/Ft WTq with just a ported head though.

I used to race cars, now I race myself.
5K PB: 24:50
10K PB: 54:26
Friday, January 27, 2006 11:19 PM
but you are running 14 psi, like your sig says, no?
to be honest, i havent ever heard of anyone going over 280hp, but i also havent been on here that long either
Sunday, January 29, 2006 8:07 PM
6PSI daily...12-15PSI at the track.
222WHP @ 8.....260WHP @ 12

I will push over 300WHP very soon though. I'm calling it now along with the call of 11s by April unless it blows.

Sunday, February 26, 2006 2:59 PM
yea i have the stage 2 hahn kit and i was pushing 222.7 at 8psi.
love the kit

Friday, March 10, 2006 6:22 PM
Im not sure if this is going to piss any of you off or not but i have some valuable information about the HAHN turbo kit for the 2.2 ecotec. I have an 04 eco, bone stock internals except for retainers in the head. Running 17 PSI. The only problem that i have ever had was the fule issue at first. I realised that i had to reflash the ecu to an 03 fuel map. (comp didnt recognise boost at all). I have yet to dyno the car yet but im hopeing to very soon.

I have a close friend that runs the same car but fully built motor with 23 PSI and holds out strong at 426 whp and 457lb/ft. He has the full HAHN effect in his ride. to include the port fueler system and stage two turbo kit that hahn offers.since we dont have any tracks open here in SE Georgia i havent been able to get a true time slip from his ride but we are guessing low 11's mabey mid 10's.
Monday, March 13, 2006 11:49 AM
No matter what you do the ECU isn't going to recognize boost. We don't have a MAP sensor capable of seeing boost.

Tuesday, March 14, 2006 12:54 PM
the stock computer on an 04 will not read boost----correct.
teh ecu from an 03 or 02 eco runs separte fuel maps so essentialy you can run dual programs to adjust for boost. On the cavalier that my friend has he is running Hahn's direct port fueler which run 8 injectors. teh Hahn FMU runs the over sized injectors and the stock computer runs the stock injectors. inoreder for all this to work properly you have to reflash your ecu at any gm dealer or gm shop back one or more years to the 03 or 02 cavalier. any more questions just ask.
Sunday, March 19, 2006 9:43 PM
PAUL WOLFGANG wrote:the stock computer on an 04 will not read boost----correct.
teh ecu from an 03 or 02 eco runs separte fuel maps so essentialy you can run dual programs to adjust for boost. On the cavalier that my friend has he is running Hahn's direct port fueler which run 8 injectors. teh Hahn FMU runs the over sized injectors and the stock computer runs the stock injectors. inoreder for all this to work properly you have to reflash your ecu at any gm dealer or gm shop back one or more years to the 03 or 02 cavalier. any more questions just ask.

WRONG.
1) No NA car has a MAP sensor that can read boost. I have never found a NA car that was given a 2Bar MAP sensor. It would be pointless.
2) The 02 and 03 computers run the same number of tables as the 04. That number isn't 2 BTW...it's in the thousands. There is a table for every possible sensor value that could possibly happen. The 04 computer just doesn't seem to have any open loop programming built into it. I was the one who figured this out, and along with Bill's help, incredible knowledge and experience,, confirmed it and found a few go arounds...including reflashing the ECU down to a 03 for us unlucky 04 owners.

I know all about the Hahn system for a simple reason...I know Hahn. LOL. I was researching that unit long before most even heard about it. I know how it works and why it's awesome.

Monday, April 24, 2006 10:33 PM
Paul you are full of @!#$.
427 to the wheel, who are you playing man?? mid 10's in your or his wet dreams.
It is ok for you to boggle minds of newbs. but when ols skools come in, we can easily see that you have NO CLUE about what you are talking about.
Let me guess that 427 was a butt dyno as well.

What size Turbo does he have to put down 430 at 23 psi?? God you sound horrible just listen to yourself.

BTW, listen to what HYPSY is saying he is pawning you with information!

I out down 308 on a stockie. and ran a 11.94, on slicks.
That was the end, I didn't break the motor but just built it for more capabilities.

Best time:"""11.946""" @ 114.73 mph @17psi 1.83--60"
11 second daily driver!!!!
Race Related 727-561-9440
Shop of choice for your 11 second J body!

Also, built bottom end and or top end LSJ and L61's available.
13's ----12's ----11's ----10's

Tuesday, May 16, 2006 3:29 PM
but what about the sensor and sh*t for the ECOTEC form Saab or the ECU or FMU...the saab are runnig turbo ecotec....so will the new Solstice....any idea if they will be compatible

Sunday, August 20, 2006 1:55 PM
Ohh3SunFire wrote:
Jason Thompson wrote:anything for a 2.4 eco yet?

JBP is workign on a 2.4eco last i read

JBP IS THE WORST QUALITY WORKMANSHIP YOU'LL EVER FIND. I HAD A FULL RACE ENGINE BUILT THERE AND THEY HAD TO TAKE IT ALL APART SEVERAL TIMES TO GET IT TO RUN PROPERLY. EVEN NOW I HAVE ISSUES, I AM SEEKING LEGAL SERVICES NOW AGAINTS THEM.

-224u2luv
Wednesday, September 27, 2006 9:41 PM
Personally i would saying @!#$in go for the Hahns turbo system i got my 02 cavalier ls 2 years ago and have wanted one ever since. All i ever hear is good things from it and from our motor being boosted. And buy the way TYPSY congrats man on the turbo cavi i hope after i get out of college i can boost mine. buy the was how much money do u think u have put it perfomance wise. I know you have all stock internals correct
Wednesday, October 04, 2006 9:38 PM
SuperCharger FTW

www.TwinCitiesRacin.com - Owner/Founder
www.CobaltSS.net

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search