Using 2.0 s/c and installing into 2.2 cobalt - Boost Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Using 2.0 s/c and installing into 2.2 cobalt
Saturday, May 27, 2006 1:20 PM
Hey,
I've got an '05 cobalt with a 2.2 na with only some minor mods
Does anyone know if the supercharger from the 2.0 cobalt ss can be installed into my car and if so, how practical would it be.
The setup for both cars is fairly similar, it looks like it might be able to mount in the same place and just maybe require an extra mount and a longer aux belt
any info is appreciated
chris

Re: Using 2.0 s/c and installing into 2.2 cobalt
Thursday, June 22, 2006 11:10 AM
Order the supercgarger for that motor... GM now offers the supercharger kit (After yrs of waiting from the many Cavy J-body enthusiast's) It is part # 17800003. Some GM dealers will install then you keep the warranty and everything.

Sunday, July 02, 2006 4:49 PM
As far as I know, there is not a GM-certified supercharger available for other Cobalts yet. The part listed above is not made for Cobalts, and does not have the necessary programmers. Check out http://www.paceparts.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWPROD&ProdID=167186
Sunday, July 23, 2006 5:02 PM
Does anything from the 2.2l bolt up from the 2.0l?

Friday, November 03, 2006 5:35 PM
hey twister NICE RIDE>>CAVY owners need to take note..buy a cobalt theylook like cavys
Sunday, November 12, 2006 9:01 PM
The Charger will bolt up to the cobalts, you will need to find a tuning software to use to tune it and you will have to swap to the cobalt ss cold air intake setup, other than that it will work.

Monday, November 27, 2006 6:20 AM
it will not work.. there is no tuning available for the 2.2 and there prolly wont be for a while, in addition to no tuning there is also no kit available.. the kit is available for the cavi/sunfire j bodys.. not the cobalt.. so there is not kit available yet
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search