About the GM supercharger - Boost Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
About the GM supercharger
Tuesday, June 06, 2006 7:28 PM
Can anyone tell me about the new supercharger GM put out for the 2.2L ecotec? What horsepower is it laying down, how much boost stock does t have? I am thinking of getting one (my friend has a VW Rado, and I NEED to stomp him in my car) depending on how things go here, I might get one, very, very, VERY, soon. Thanks.

Re: About the GM supercharger
Tuesday, June 06, 2006 9:02 PM
I just purchased that same kit for my 03 cav 2.2 5 speed, i was very impressed with it, especially with high end acceleration. It is supposed to put you around 250 hp, and if you have intake and exhaust, around 265 hp. I have not dyno'd mine yet, but i put it on a BEL FX2 G-meter, and it ran real low 15's and high 14's (but my car is a full tube frame car). That was before a true cold air intake, i have exhaust, but no header yet. But all in all, i was impressed. You can get the kit off pace performance's website, or I just asked the dealer and they matched pace peformances price of $2459. I think it is around 6-7 lbs of boost, but I am not for sure yet, i just got the kit last week.
Thursday, June 08, 2006 1:12 AM
That is also on a bone stock motor with only 2700 miles on it, I know there is a LOT more power I can bring out of it, I just need to get everything together (true cold air intake, header, high flow cat, remove resonator, a GOOD computer tune, etc......). Those FX2 times were also on a country road where I could not hook up at all through first gear. I hope that helps.
Thursday, June 08, 2006 5:28 PM
I have it on my 2003 Cavalier (except with an auto tranny) and let me tell ya, the claimed "250hp" is at the crank, not the wheels. The pulley size is the same as the one from the Cobal SS/SC's and Ion RL's which is 3.34". That puts out around 10psi of boost. You may get 250 whp out of it if you get a much smaller pulley / built internals / better breathing mods / head work and perhaps alcohol injection to keep your air temperature down. Just my $0.02 though.

Monday, November 13, 2006 1:44 PM
Its not 250 to the wheels or the crank. I wish! It is 200 hp. I have read it is close to 200 at the wheels. I have an 05 5spd cavi bone stock with the short ram intake and the s/c installed. My guage reads about 9-10 psi. Should run around a 14.5 or so and even better with the heat exchanger and exhuast modifications. i still have to hit the track.

Save your money. It might be worth something someday.

Wednesday, November 15, 2006 1:14 AM
You guys are running slow times probably cause of not having the aftercooler setup done.

As far as the number of HP, where are you guys getting these numbers from?

www.kronosperformance.com / 732-742-8837

Wednesday, November 15, 2006 8:57 PM
On a stock motor in estimates to 200hp(crank) then stage 1 gets you to 250hp and so on

I have one true love in my life...And my girlfriend sits next to me in it
Tuesday, November 28, 2006 9:47 AM
got a question,what is the stage one upgrade,where do i get it ,a part number for this kit also is there a reflash,actually can i get a link for this somewhere,boy my wifes goin to be pissed.......lol

if at first you don't succeed,you should probably give up
Tuesday, November 28, 2006 2:58 PM
sgtgnut wrote:got a question,what is the stage one upgrade,where do i get it ,a part number for this kit also is there a reflash,actually can i get a link for this somewhere,boy my wifes goin to be pissed.......lol

The stage kits are a GM only item. I don't really remember all the specifics of them but it includes bigger injectors, smaller pulley and a reflash. This kit was MADE for the Cobalt SS/SC & the Redline, fyi. You can technicially use the pulley and the injectors but you won't have the reflash to adjust the duty cycle of the injectors at idle with the bigger injectors and the fuel tables to spray the appropriate amount of fuel throughout your power band.

Tuesday, November 28, 2006 2:59 PM
By the way, you can go to any GM dealership and order these parts and get the reflash through them but this of course is if you have an Cobalt SS/SC or a Ion Redline.

Wednesday, November 29, 2006 5:24 AM
figures,can't use HPTuners either,gm didn't want you to mess with it to much,NJHK thanks for the information

Wednesday, November 29, 2006 2:07 PM
sgtgnut wrote:figures,can't use HPTuners either,gm didn't want you to mess with it to much,NJHK thanks for the information

Basically lol

You're welcome.

Wednesday, November 29, 2006 5:04 PM
you can use hp tuners just not if you have the reflash

Tuesday, December 12, 2006 9:43 AM
and there in lies the problem,hp tuners didn't release till about the same time i got my supercharger,and after begging my wife that we needed a supercharger( after i got beat at the track by a rsxr ) she agreed and i wasn't about to try for another six bones for a software program and a cable,,,,that would have went over like a lead balloon

Tuesday, December 12, 2006 11:26 AM
sgtgnut wrote:and there in lies the problem,hp tuners didn't release till about the same time i got my supercharger,and after begging my wife that we needed a supercharger( after i got beat at the track by a rsxr ) she agreed and i wasn't about to try for another six bones for a software program and a cable,,,,that would have went over like a lead balloon

Yeah, I can understand that.

Tuesday, December 12, 2006 3:03 PM
well the reflash isnt all that bad it does what it is intended to do it allows you toi safely run the gm supercharger

Tuesday, December 12, 2006 3:08 PM
the hahn turbo kit is a better bang for the buck, stage 1 kit is 2400
Tuesday, December 12, 2006 3:36 PM
david andreoli wrote:the hahn turbo kit is a better bang for the buck, stage 1 kit is 2400

Stage 1 is non intercooled...I don't think so.

Tuesday, December 12, 2006 7:02 PM
and no fuel mods

Tuesday, December 12, 2006 7:52 PM
is the stock cobalt intake manifold "aftercooler" ready too??
Wednesday, December 13, 2006 4:46 AM
nevermind i got it

Wednesday, December 13, 2006 10:10 AM
your right Cheesecake it isn't all that bad ,just not that good,wish they (GM ) didn't lock the calibration. i swear if it isn't one thing it's another,freakin road blocks.oh well just venting,since winter has set and i can't take it out on strip,i email it. and i didn't go the turbo route cause i autocross and wanted the power through out the rpm range .but really i like the little whine

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search