any connections to lightend pulleys - Boost Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
any connections to lightend pulleys
Thursday, December 07, 2006 4:29 AM
as the subject says,but in further details,i'm talking about a kit for the ecotec motors and all the pulleys to include a kit for supercharged cars also.just pulling the resources here.got anybody in mind NJHK?

if at first you don't succeed,you should probably give up

Re: any connections to lightend pulleys
Thursday, December 07, 2006 6:58 PM
What exactly do you mean? Where to buy the full out kit or where to build your own "kit"?

www.kronosperformance.com / 732-742-8837

Friday, December 08, 2006 5:42 AM
yes sir,i know i can go to a machine shop and get this done,or find various pulleys to do this,i was just wondering if there is a "kit" out there,something that is all inclusive,a "boxed set" ,you can't say it wouldn't sell,just a thought,thanks for the reply NJHK,by the way, any word yet future moderator

Friday, December 08, 2006 12:10 PM
sgtgnut wrote:yes sir,i know i can go to a machine shop and get this done,or find various pulleys to do this,i was just wondering if there is a "kit" out there,something that is all inclusive,a "boxed set" ,you can't say it wouldn't sell,just a thought,thanks for the reply NJHK,by the way, any word yet future moderator

It's called GMPP lol

I mean, if you had an option to buy a full out kit from GM themselves or (no offense to you at all) some guy off the streets, which one would you pick? Also, GM offers a reflash that requires no thought at all than bringing your car to a local dealership. Honestly, you can't beat that and for the price, it's decent.

If you're doing this for sales, I think it would be a waste of your time cause GM has it in check and also there aren't THAT many people who are supercharger. Might seem like it online but talk is cheap and the people who actually do it is few and far in between.

As far as the moderator position, Dave is being slow j/k

Nah he's been busy, has to finish all the upgrades for the Moderator system. I'm just waiting I guess...

Tuesday, December 12, 2006 9:27 AM
hum,i think this got lost intranslation,there is a pulley kit for this already,.......um let me put it this way,if i go tp gm,ask for a pully kit for a 2003(or other related years) supercharged cavalier,they can sell me a lightend pulley kit to replace all of the pulleys on my car.....if so do you have a part number,for this and as for the reflash you was talking about ,is this for the supercharger,and how much different is it from the supercharger reflash,does it lose some of the retard it had put in my pcm

oh by the way,i like the new forum listings,finally a boost forum!!!

NJHK,was that your doing?

Tuesday, December 12, 2006 11:57 AM
sgtgnut wrote:hum,i think this got lost intranslation,there is a pulley kit for this already,.......um let me put it this way,if i go tp gm,ask for a pully kit for a 2003(or other related years) supercharged cavalier,they can sell me a lightend pulley kit to replace all of the pulleys on my car.....if so do you have a part number,for this and as for the reflash you was talking about ,is this for the supercharger,and how much different is it from the supercharger reflash,does it lose some of the retard it had put in my pcm

oh by the way,i like the new forum listings,finally a boost forum!!!

NJHK,was that your doing?

Yes, GM has the pullies (well GMPP) and you can buy it from them if you have the part number or if they are willing to look up the part number for the specific pulley size you're looking for but the biggest issue you'll run into is fuel management because they do not offer another reflash for a smaller than the one you have.

I don't know if you have a wideband but you air to fuel ratio is read 11:1 straight across your powerband at wide open throttle. Now, 11:1 is rich but a good rich to help prevent any overheating issues in the combustion chamber which would lead to detonation. Now, you could technically run a bit leaner, maybe even up to 12s. If you were to get a slightly smaller pulley, you might be able to run with the same reflash you have now and be ok with a slightly smaller pulley. As far as ignition retarding, I don't know honestly.

First find out what size pulley you own cause I know some people who have a 3.5" and someone else with the stock SS/SC and Redline pulley size, a 3.3"...still trying to find out which one really comes in the kit right now, so first thing first, measure it and make sure what you have.

Also, if you don't want to go through GM for the pulley, you can always check out places like Cobalt-Addictions.com, CobaltPerformanceParts.com or Intense-Racing.com, they all have various sized pulleys that you can buy. Remember, you can use the same pulley and belt as the SS/SC & Redline. If you want to give it a try, go for it. Might I also add looking into upgrading your heat exchanger (this is assuming you opted into getting the aftercooler setup as well...if you didn't GET IT! lol).

The forum change, yeah it was partly me. I told Dave that it needs to be more organized, so he made me a moderator, made the new forums and I moved everything around the best I could. Glad you like it. Check your PM box by the way.

Tuesday, December 12, 2006 3:01 PM
there is a member on the org he goes by mdld9 he is in the prcess of finishing up a lightend crank pulley and he has already mad a lightend alternator puilley

Wednesday, December 13, 2006 10:19 AM
cool cheesecake,i search it,thanks ...NJHK .... wel....i'll be honest,i'm the guy who didn't switch to geico,no really i haven't got the heat exchanger yet,but as soon as i get the money for the parts i will,i promise and the info on smaller stock pully is something i never read on the forums,but makes since being that i'm one of the few people who have a 6.5 crank pully.but that might be a good thing i think

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search