Supercharger kit.. GM PCm reflash - Boost Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Supercharger kit.. GM PCm reflash
Friday, February 09, 2007 2:49 PM
I was thinking of getting this kit since I opted not to buy the SRT4 even thought I was offered a damned good deal, but my question is,... does the PCM reflash raise the top speed limiter?

Re: Supercharger kit.. GM PCm reflash
Friday, February 09, 2007 8:09 PM
No it doesn't.

www.kronosperformance.com / 732-742-8837

Friday, February 09, 2007 10:57 PM
NJHK wrote:No it doesn't.

So I'd have to forget the warranty and use HP tuners to alter the PCM? Can the PCM be changed again after it has been flashed by GM for the supercharger?
Saturday, February 10, 2007 4:00 AM
Mike2200 wrote:

So I'd have to forget the warranty and use HP tuners to alter the PCM? Can the PCM be changed again after it has been flashed by GM for the supercharger?

You can't use HP Tuners after you get the GM Supercharger Reflash. It's basically locked. No real altering PCM wise from there.

Saturday, February 10, 2007 12:32 PM
NJHK wrote:
Mike2200 wrote:

You can't use HP Tuners after you get the GM Supercharger Reflash. It's basically locked. No real altering PCM wise from there.

So I assume you can use HP tuners instead of the GM reflash?
Saturday, February 10, 2007 3:57 PM
Mike2200 wrote:
NJHK wrote:
Mike2200 wrote:

So I assume you can use HP tuners instead of the GM reflash?

If you wanted to, yes.

But you have to understand...the Reflash and Supercharger Kit was made just for what you're getting, about a 250 BHP vehicle after the fact (assuming you're going to get the aftercooler as well).

If you're trying to go beyond that, then yes, I'd go in another direction than the GM Supercharger reflash.

Saturday, February 10, 2007 8:20 PM
I just don't want the limiter @ 108MPH +/- 3% if I am going to put that kind of $$ into making it into a different faster car. Thanks for the info.
Sunday, February 11, 2007 12:42 AM
Mike2200 wrote:I just don't want the limiter @ 108MPH +/- 3% if I am going to put that kind of $$ into making it into a different faster car. Thanks for the info.

If you're running the 1/4 mile, you're not reaching that speed...that's what really matters.

Sunday, February 11, 2007 11:09 AM
NJHK wrote:
Mike2200 wrote:I just don't want the limiter @ 108MPH +/- 3% if I am going to put that kind of $$ into making it into a different faster car. Thanks for the info.

If you're running the 1/4 mile, you're not reaching that speed...that's what really matters.

Not to me. I want the top speed and the acceleration... kinda why I originally wanted the SRT4, no, it can't reach 108 in the 1/4 mile in stock form but it can reach 150+MPH while bone stock. That is what impressed me. That's what I am looking for if I do indeed build up this car.
Sunday, February 11, 2007 6:16 PM
Mike2200 wrote:
NJHK wrote:

Not to me. I want the top speed and the acceleration... kinda why I originally wanted the SRT4, no, it can't reach 108 in the 1/4 mile in stock form but it can reach 150+MPH while bone stock. That is what impressed me. That's what I am looking for if I do indeed build up this car.

Just to clarify... the whole package, not just top speed...
Monday, February 12, 2007 6:09 PM
Mike2200 wrote:
NJHK wrote:

You do realize that top speed isn't really that important in most cases. Ask someone with an SRT-4 how long it takes to reach their limiter stock. That's basically what you'd be looking at power wise.

Just don't get over your head and say you're going to use HP Tuners just for that one reason. Learn how to use it, learn how it works, research.

Tuesday, February 13, 2007 8:34 AM
NJHK wrote:
Mike2200 wrote:
NJHK wrote:

You do realize that top speed isn't really that important in most cases. Ask someone with an SRT-4 how long it takes to reach their limiter stock. That's basically what you'd be looking at power wise.

Just don't get over your head and say you're going to use HP Tuners just for that one reason. Learn how to use it, learn how it works, research.

I do realize that I probbably won't go over 108 more than once if ever at all, however, to ME, it's all about being able too. Why buy a Corvette Z06 if it is computer limited to 108MPH? I just know myself and know that I will not be satisfied if I buy a supercharger for it, suspension, wheels etc... and it still has the 108MPH limiter. Right now I don't care since it still is what it is.
Tuesday, February 13, 2007 8:37 AM
Mike2200 wrote:
NJHK wrote:
Mike2200 wrote:
NJHK wrote:

I do realize that I probbably won't go over 108 more than once if ever at all, however, to ME, it's all about being able to. Why buy a Corvette Z06 if it is computer limited to 108MPH? I just know myself and know that I will not be satisfied if I buy a supercharger for it, suspension, wheels etc... and it still has the 108MPH limiter. Right now I don't care since it still is what it is.

Edited for spelling.

Also, to clarify, I am in the process of doing some research, but first I need to figure out what I want to do, if anything, or what I can do with a certain ammount of $$. Thanks for the information.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search