boost controller - Boost Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
boost controller
Wednesday, April 25, 2007 7:25 PM
I fit the supercharged M62 from a cobalt SS/SC on my 2.2L ecotec in my cavy. How I control my boost? Because on a cobalt SS/SC it's the pcm that control the boost with a electronic boost controller. If I install a manual boost controller, after, can I control my boost manually? And , how many boost a stock cobalt SS/SC run?

Re: boost controller
Wednesday, April 25, 2007 8:45 PM
The computer has nothing to do with control over boost. It does control the bypass valve when under mild driving conditions but when under heavier engine loads, ultimately, the pulley size is what determines how fast your rotors spin and how much air pressure is being created/stacked.

It's nothing like a turbocharger setup where the computer can control a wastegate as far as when it opens. It's totally different.

www.kronosperformance.com / 732-742-8837

Thursday, April 26, 2007 1:08 PM
yes i agree you would have to buy a stage kit or a higher dump valve actuator, you can get ones with higher springs, but you can not use a boost controller on the blower, will not do anything, and if it does probably will not be good. just do it the right way, buy the pulley and parts and save your motor.
Thursday, April 26, 2007 2:05 PM
brad eisenhauer wrote:yes i agree you would have to buy a stage kit or a higher dump valve actuator, you can get ones with higher springs, but you can not use a boost controller on the blower, will not do anything, and if it does probably will not be good. just do it the right way, buy the pulley and parts and save your motor.

Actually...

You COULD use a boost controller but not to increase air pressure but to decrease air pressure.

People have done it but it is not as controllable as some may think. They typically run extremely low in boost if at all because it doesn't work properly.

www.kronosperformance.com / 732-742-8837

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search