Thoughts on S/C for the 2.2 eco? - Boost Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Thoughts on S/C for the 2.2 eco?
Wednesday, July 11, 2007 5:53 PM
Alright well turbo might be no more. I was thinking and i came across some good superchargers for the 2.2L ecotec engine. 17800003 - Ecotec Intercooled Supercharger Kit For 2.2L By GM. Its less money then a turbo, and i'm thinking it could possibly, with help, get me to the point i wanna be at. I was thinking of hitting mid to high 14's in the 1/4 mile. I'm not sure what im running now, pretty much a stock car though. The s/c would get me 200 hp and with some internals, the gm sc reflash, and some other mods im thinking i could get to the mid to high 14's what are your thoughts? is a s/c worth it? I'm really liking the idea, it seems to be a lot less of a hassle to have installed, and it will work on the auto cavalier ecotec unlike the turbos(i dont want to go custom).

- 2003 CHEVY CAVALIER LS SPORT ECOTEC -

- Current Mods -
-- Vibrant Exhaust & DC Sport Header --
-- Lower Motor Mount & TTR Upper Motor Mount --
-- B&M ShiftPlus & Vibrant Front STB --
-- K&N Typhoon Short Ram Intake --

RIP DAD<3 We love & miss you so much!

Re: Thoughts on S/C for the 2.2 eco?
Wednesday, July 11, 2007 5:58 PM
oh and anyone have a price range on the isntallation with the gm reflash as well?

- Current Mods -

Wednesday, July 11, 2007 8:55 PM
Also, if i installed the s/c myself would i be able to have the gm reflash done before the install?

- Current Mods -

Monday, July 23, 2007 9:29 PM
yeah but you can't drive it.....until you have the s/c on it you got a trailer? I would recommend getting the flash after you install the s/c....

I am running a constant 14.8 with my s/c cavi but i have horrid wheel hop at launch. But it looks like you are on the right path with the motor mounts! It is pretty easy to install if you have the right tools. You will need a something to cut aluminum for the block. a carbide cutter i think. It took me a day at my shop with all my tools by my side. AND HELL YES THE S/C IS WORTH IT!!!! it sounds great, has good torque, and beats stock SS/SC BALTS. GET IT! MAKE GM PROUD!!!!!!
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search