hahn racecraft turbo - Boost Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
hahn racecraft turbo
Wednesday, September 26, 2007 9:20 PM
Ive been looking at the hahn turbo kit for my sunfire and i wanted to know if a stock internals motor would hold up good and how much boost i it can handle without risking blowing it? also does it come with some sort of tune or program or would i have to take it to get it done?

Re: hahn racecraft turbo
Friday, September 28, 2007 8:23 PM
I'd suggest staying between 5 and 7psi prior to upgrading the internals. In order to program the car you could get a separate engine management system or just get HP Tuners and do it yourself. However, don't tackle the HPT without reading lots of posts first.

Friday, September 28, 2007 9:35 PM
where do you think that would put me at hp and 1/4 mile time wise?
Thursday, October 25, 2007 2:34 PM
they say that the ecotec can handle 15 pounds of boost and 400 horsepower on stock internals. But I would just keep it at 10 pounds just to make sure nothing happens
Friday, October 26, 2007 5:12 PM
kyle humphries wrote:they say that the ecotec can handle 15 pounds of boost and 400 horsepower on stock internals. But I would just keep it at 10 pounds just to make sure nothing happens

You measure a engine by the amount of stress it can withstand, not how much pressure it can hold. PSI of air pressure isn't of the importance anyways, it's the amount of air (CFM) per PSI.

The L61 ECOTEC motor can NOT handle 400 HP with stock internals. Whoever they are, they were incorrect.

www.kronosperformance.com / 732-742-8837

Wednesday, November 28, 2007 9:30 PM
It can handle about 7-8psi you dont have to start changing out stuff untill you hit about 250hp then stuff starts breaking but about 7-8psi with stock motor
Thursday, November 29, 2007 3:29 PM
Glenn Janosko wrote:It can handle about 7-8psi you dont have to start changing out stuff untill you hit about 250hp then stuff starts breaking but about 7-8psi with stock motor

Read my above post

www.kronosperformance.com / 732-742-8837

Monday, December 03, 2007 8:10 PM
Stock ecotec can hold around 300hp..

My CarDomain!!! --- http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2543660
Sunday, December 23, 2007 7:24 AM
I've been running The HRC Stg II kit since this summer. No problems at all !! I love it !! My driveability did not change one bit. You do have to run 93 octane. I would suggest getting a computer for an '03 jbody. Just make sure you get the correct one i.e. ABS, Auto or 5spd. I've had my car on the dyno and at the track. My sig shows both #'s on a stock 2005 Ecotec engine.

Hahn Racecraft in my opinion is the best turbo kit on the market for the Ecotecs.

Wednesday, February 27, 2008 5:29 PM
slvr05cav wrote:I've been running The HRC Stg II kit since this summer. No problems at all !! I love it !! My driveability did not change one bit. You do have to run 93 octane. I would suggest getting a computer for an '03 jbody. Just make sure you get the correct one i.e. ABS, Auto or 5spd. I've had my car on the dyno and at the track. My sig shows both #'s on a stock 2005 Ecotec engine.

Hahn Racecraft in my opinion is the best turbo kit on the market for the Ecotecs.

You get alot of wheelspin cause you should be in the 13s with the mph your hitting?

Blue04sunfire reborn Spring08! Coing sooner than you think!
Monday, December 08, 2008 3:25 AM
Hey whats up man. I recently rebuilt my 2003 Cavalier 2.0 ECOTEC. I had to for the modifications I wanted to do for it. I had a turbo on it before with the stock internals and I was pushing 8psi with an internal wastgate and it was running great. You can feel the g-force. It wasnt good enouph for me so I wanted to push 15 plus boost. I brought it in to get it rebuilt and replaced the rods, pistons, ballenced the crank. I did not switch out the cam. Someon did that with a supercharger and it was running like @!#$ i was told and they had to take it back out and put the original cam back in. I am going for 400+ hp and I should sit at 15 lbs of boost so i was told by the company who rebuilt it. It is running great after the rebuilt that was just done on it, but you modify one thing you have to modify ten other things also. I have to get new fuel injectors, ECU, and a clutch kit to handle the hp. Right now it was tuned and put on a dyno pushing 5 lbs boost, @ 226 hp. That is basicly just raw hp, hardly anything is comming from the turbo not yet anyways. I just need to replace those parts and I should be pushing that much. I would like to talk about this more if you would like, my email is ryanlphipps@yahoo.com.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search