2.2 ecotec supercharger questions/LSD questions - Boost Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
2.2 ecotec supercharger questions/LSD questions
Tuesday, October 09, 2007 12:28 PM
i have read in one of the forums that supercharger kit for the 2003-2005 cavaliers is no longer available from GM?
is this true?
is this kit a direct bold on? a side from having to get your computer flashed?
will the stage II kits offered from GM work on this kit, in a 2003-2005 cavalier?
is there any kits available for a Limited Slip Differential?if so would it be beneficial and worth the $$, i read the the cobalt ss were offered with a LSD?
what kind of 1/4 mile times can i expect with the supercharger install, and the stage II kit installed?

i am just starting this project and i just want to know what im getting into
i haven't bought a car yet, but ive decided on 2003-2005 cav ecotec
which would be the best car to buy, or does it matter? i have read that the 2002 ecotec's require a spacer on the fuel rails to work with the SC kit, hence i have decided against a 2002.

these forums are great, thanks for the feedback
i have decided on an ecotec cav thanks to these forums!

Re: 2.2 ecotec supercharger questions/LSD questions
Wednesday, October 10, 2007 7:29 AM
Quote:

i have read in one of the forums that supercharger kit for the 2003-2005 cavaliers is no longer available from GM?

I was under the impression they were still available. I don't see why they wouldn't be but if I hear anything I'll let you know. I know Pace Performance still sells them and they are linked through GM.

Quote:

is this kit a direct bold on? a side from having to get your computer flashed?
Quote:

For a ECOTEC Cavalier, yes.

Quote:

will the stage II kits offered from GM work on this kit, in a 2003-2005 cavalier?

The belt and pulley, yes...but...

Your IATs would be souring and you'd have to take alot of preventative measures to keep it cool. I HIGHLY suggest you purchasing the aftercooler setup that the SS/SC / Ion Redlines use otherwise you'll heat soak like a bitch. Colder spark plugs are also suggested (look up NGK...they have a set available for your application).

Quote:

is there any kits available for a Limited Slip Differential?if so would it be beneficial and worth the $$, i read the the cobalt ss were offered with a LSD?

Only the G85 packages had them which was for about 2 years I believe. The most recent years SS/SC don't have a G85 package.

Worth is all in your eyes, I can't judge.

Quife makes a true LSD for your application but it's pricey. (http://www.quaifeamerica.com/differentials/diffs.htm)

Quote:

what kind of 1/4 mile times can i expect with the supercharger install, and the stage II kit installed?

Stock pulley has seen mid 13s to low 14s but it really depends on driving skill when it comes to 1/4 mile times.

Quote:

i have read that the 2002 ecotec's require a spacer on the fuel rails to work with the SC kit, hence i have decided against a 2002.

I believe when you go to purchase it, you tell them you have a 2002 and they will do something as far as accomodating to that. I can't remember if they give you different injectors or a new fuel rail...

www.kronosperformance.com / 732-742-8837

Wednesday, October 10, 2007 7:31 AM
I'm sorry I messed up that post as far as quoting lol

Damn...not edit button.

Wednesday, October 10, 2007 8:52 AM
well im sold.. i currently have am 89 mustang SC that i can;t get to run lower than mid 13's
mid 13's to high 14's, wow man that is quick! is this is without a LSD?
i have read that the colbalt SS run in the mid 14's...what would make the cavalier so much faster?
they must be one wheel peeling it all the way down the track.
would a cavalier with the mentioned set up be a good daily driver?

where would i find the after-cooler set up?
again, is it a direct bolt on?
would GM re flash the a car with all of these mods, or would i have to go to a piggyback?
your feedback is super helpful!
Wednesday, October 10, 2007 9:12 AM
http://www.ecotecforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2171

im guessing these are the parts needed?
and you can order them all from GM?
Wednesday, October 10, 2007 11:17 AM
mike lomond wrote:well im sold.. i currently have am 89 mustang SC that i can;t get to run lower than mid 13's
mid 13's to high 14's, wow man that is quick! is this is without a LSD?
i have read that the colbalt SS run in the mid 14's...what would make the cavalier so much faster?
they must be one wheel peeling it all the way down the track.
would a cavalier with the mentioned set up be a good daily driver?

where would i find the after-cooler set up?
again, is it a direct bolt on?
would GM re flash the a car with all of these mods, or would i have to go to a piggyback?
your feedback is super helpful!

If you wanted to, your dealership can install the aftercooler setup (my friend actually did that) after you order everything.

They are quicker (in my assumption) cause of a higher compression and .2 liters larger in displacement...

Yes, they'll still reflash your PCM.

You're welcome

Wednesday, October 10, 2007 11:18 AM
mike lomond wrote:http://www.ecotecforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2171

im guessing these are the parts needed?
and you can order them all from GM?

Yes and Yes.

If you really want to, make a thread on that forum because there have been other people saying you don't need all those parts...see what they say.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search