O2 Sim? - Tuning Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
O2 Sim?
Tuesday, March 28, 2006 8:43 PM
Hey, does anyone make o2 Sim. for the Eco?? RK Sport's doesn't work for the eco according to their website...also, other jbodyperformance.com, is there any other venues to reprogram our ECU's?

"Driving Excitement"

Re: O2 Sim?
Wednesday, March 29, 2006 6:47 AM
No, there is no O2 Simulator available.

As far as reprogramming the ECU...yes and no.

First of all, what are you trying to "re-program"? What have you done to your motor/vehicle to change perameters inside your PCM?

There is a new programmer by HP Tuners if you want to look that up.

www.kronosperformance.com / 732-742-8837

Wednesday, March 29, 2006 5:03 PM
well i wasn't looking to do anything to the ECU yet... not untill the turbo and internals are in. i plan on taking it off the street and just seeing how quick i can get on the track. but that sucks there's no 02 sim. if i were to dissconnect the existing 02 sim, would my car run rich? i have the cat-delete pipe and just wondering.

"Driving Excitement"
Wednesday, March 29, 2006 8:41 PM
keep the front O2 sensor hooked up and in the pipe and the engine will run fine. the rear one just monitors if the cat is functioning or not. without it you'll just throw a code.
Wednesday, March 29, 2006 8:42 PM
blusunfyr wrote:well i wasn't looking to do anything to the ECU yet... not untill the turbo and internals are in. i plan on taking it off the street and just seeing how quick i can get on the track. but that sucks there's no 02 sim. if i were to dissconnect the existing 02 sim, would my car run rich? i have the cat-delete pipe and just wondering.

If you were to disconnect the second O2 sensor it wouldn't do anything but throw a code saying bad O2 sensor or malfunction. It's the 1st O2 Sensor that you would have to worry about. I personally had issues with the 1st O2 Sensor and if it doesn't read anything, it'll throw all the fuel it can into your motor because it thinks you're running lean. Rich isn't the word to describe that...

Wednesday, March 29, 2006 8:44 PM
Oh and as far as the ECU goes...

Take one step at a time. At this point and time, you don't need to do anything to your ECU and even if you did, it wouldn't do you any good for the most part. Figure out what you want to do first...are you boosting first or building the motor first? When you get turbo'd (or prepare to), then you can look into products to help support what you want to do.

Wednesday, March 29, 2006 8:58 PM
well i have a plan, and just looking into ECU stuff for the plan. i'm boosting when i get home from my next deployment. (less than a year) and building the motor after. but i get what you're saying, not jumping ahead too much. just getting an idea...

"Driving Excitement"
Wednesday, March 29, 2006 9:13 PM
blusunfyr wrote:well i have a plan, and just looking into ECU stuff for the plan. i'm boosting when i get home from my next deployment. (less than a year) and building the motor after. but i get what you're saying, not jumping ahead too much. just getting an idea...

It's all good.

You can look into Megasquirt, a GM Supercharger Reflash, J-Body Performance computer flash, an FMU, an EIC Unit, an HP Tuners Unit.

These are good ways to tune for fuel while under boost.

Thursday, March 30, 2006 3:41 AM
sweet man preciate the help

"Driving Excitement"
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search