computer chip programer??? - Tuning Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
computer chip programer???
Sunday, December 25, 2005 4:07 AM
hey everyone i found this site that has a computer chip programer and i am curious if anyone has one or has anyone tried it?
i have the 2.2 ecotec, 2003 cavalier

http://truckmod.com/partsdisplay.asp?part=702733

Re: computer chip programer???
Tuesday, December 27, 2005 6:05 PM
have u E-mailed them about this?Because if this is out i might get it forget hptuners there never going to come out with anything
later james

Tuesday, January 10, 2006 12:24 PM
i emailed them today, i haven't heard back from them yet but when i do,i'll post the results

if at first you don't succeed,you should probably give up
Friday, January 13, 2006 7:57 AM
Hey thanks Dave,I looked at the jet chip,will it work for the 2.2 even though it says its for a 2.4.the after market for the ecotec is very small almost nonexistent for computer chips,thsats why I’m asking questions about this,if it does work I know of a 1000 some people who would buy this right away,this is like the holy grail for j-body tunners with the 2.2 ecotec,,but thanks for talking with me,if it does work I can post a link for this product or post you as a point of sales reference so you could possiably get some commission on this,thanks again,Gary

Mr. Gary L. Nutter

WG-8 HMER

AMSA 107 G

Charleston WV,25313

304-776-2115 ext 3403

fax 304-776-4930

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Tuesday, January 10, 2006 4:23 PM
To: Nutter, Gary L (99TH RRC)
Subject: Re: hypertech for the 2.2 ECOTEC [ET-5655504002225566122]

I'm sorry.

I called Hypertech, and this in fact DOES NOT work with that vehicle. We must have received bad data from Hypertech.

Sorry.

I DO have data that says this JET CHIPs device does work. Have a look:

http://www.jetchip.com/products.asp?pid=23394&make=22&model=434#434

Dave

----- Original Message -----
From: "Nutter, Gary L (99TH RRC)" <Gary.Nutter@usar.army.mil>
Date: 1/10/2006 10:05:37 AM
To: sales@truckmod.com
Subject: hypertech for the 2.2 ECOTEC

I was wanting to know if the product 83001 computer chip was for a 2003 chevy cavalier 2.2 ecotec,there is a lot of people wanting something to enhance the performance of their 2.2 ecotec cars,I hope this isn’t like a the holy grail,please help me on this,Gary

Mr. Gary L. Nutter

WG-8 HMER

AMSA 107 G

Charleston WV,25313

304-776-2115 ext 3403

fax 304-776-4930

Friday, January 13, 2006 7:58 AM
by the way that is what i've found out,so lets hope jet works than

Thursday, January 26, 2006 12:43 AM
The Jet Chip DOESN'T work. You can't chip our OBD-II computers. What they are selling you is a resistor that will send you more fuel that you will more than likely not need.

Invest in something like Megasquirt that will let you alter your fuel and ignition (if you set it up that way) before you spend your couple hundred dollars on some BS product.

www.kronosperformance.com / 732-742-8837

Thursday, January 26, 2006 6:46 AM
NJHK (The JBO Negro) wrote:The Jet Chip DOESN'T work. You can't chip our OBD-II computers. What they are selling you is a resistor that will send you more fuel that you will more than likely not need.

Invest in something like Megasquirt that will let you alter your fuel and ignition (if you set it up that way) before you spend your couple hundred dollars on some BS product.

i think maybe you should have clicked that link to the jet performance site, it isnt the cheap 10 cent mod that people sell on ebay.
Thursday, January 26, 2006 6:53 AM
Pretty lil hate machine wrote:
NJHK (The JBO Negro) wrote:The Jet Chip DOESN'T work. You can't chip our OBD-II computers. What they are selling you is a resistor that will send you more fuel that you will more than likely not need.

i think maybe you should have clicked that link to the jet performance site, it isnt the cheap 10 cent mod that people sell on ebay.

Even still...it won't work.

Thursday, January 26, 2006 8:36 AM
ok the "gains" that are being offered arent really anything miraculous from changing a couple settings on the ECU.
seriously, it does a hell of a lot more than a 10 cent resistor and it does exactly what it claims, you just have to read the fine print. you 'could' get 10 hp, doesnt mean you will. i have used the same product for the corsica, wasnt impressed by any means but it certainly does what it says it does.
Tuesday, January 31, 2006 7:31 PM
NJHK (The JBO Negro) wrote:

your signature with the car and its high beams flashing is really annoying, nice though.

[FONT="Arial Black"][SIZE="4"] Click to see My CARDOMAIN Page

[FONT="Arial Black"][SIZE="1"][COLOR="Red"]1/4 - 13.9 @ 101.6, Best 60ft 2.1840 Performance mods to obtain best times - GMS2 and a K&N drop in filter.
But now GMS2 is SOLD [SIZE="2"]Car needs more work with tune. 13.9 with very rough tune.

[SIZE="4"][FONT="Arial Black"][COLOR="Blue"]GIMILI Drag Raceway September 29th or BUST

Friday, February 03, 2006 5:35 AM
Wesley Anderson wrote:
NJHK (The JBO Negro) wrote:

your signature with the car and its high beams flashing is really annoying, nice though.

Not to sound rude but it has nothing to do with this thread and if you don't like it, don't look at it

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search