engine tuning software - Tuning Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
engine tuning software
Thursday, January 20, 2005 1:49 AM
does anyone know of any software where you can plug and play with your ecotec engine and computer?
because a co-worker of mine has a 95 civic ex that is plug anf play and i want to eat him alive on the track

i'm getting a resistor chip next week...so today I just took off my negative cable on the battery to reset the computer to have it take in my exhaust and new filter mod.

I was told that after every mod to disconect the (-) cable to let my computer reset and accept the mod.........so as you all can tell I need some advice on these issues......

i would greatly appreciate it <br>

set the example, never let the example set you.

Re: engine tuning software
Friday, January 21, 2005 11:26 PM
This has some potential to work for us, just not out yet.

hp tuners

If you didnt allready buy the "resistor chip" dont...
Saturday, January 22, 2005 11:30 AM
hyper-tech is working on one
Saturday, January 22, 2005 11:12 PM
the resistor chip is a simple put on ...take off.....a little toy....like 5 mins to take off....so i can always take it off when they actually make the tuner from superchips or hp....no cutting or ne thing of that matter <br>

set the example, never let the example set you.
Monday, January 24, 2005 2:15 AM
The sensor mod will cause your car to run permanantly rich with increased spark intensity for those of you that don't know = less power and sooner to replace plugs and the Ecotec spark cartridge. DONT BOTHER it's been discussed everywhere and it's proven not to work.
Monday, March 28, 2005 2:51 PM
La Cholo Negra wrote:
I was told that after every mod to disconect the (-) cable to let my computer reset and accept the mod.........so as you all can tell I need some advice on these issues......

Is this true?

Power Curve
Monday, April 04, 2005 12:46 PM
well I do this all the time. Anyway most of the mods its preferably better to disconnect it if your playing on the power.

---------------------------------------------------------------------

My Car Specs
Club J-Body Montreal Forums
Tuesday, May 17, 2005 9:38 AM
It is better to disconnect the negative cable for safety and when you hook it up again, it allows the computer to find the newly installed part and adapt to it. It is an adaptive learning program, most newer cars have it.
Friday, August 26, 2005 9:16 PM
no negative cable traps the smoke in the wires
Sunday, October 02, 2005 3:04 PM
I just got a bigger TB, should I disconnect the battery first?
I only drive the car on weekends, haven't driven it yet

"FRIENDS DON'T LET FRIENDS DRIVE STOCK"

Monday, October 03, 2005 5:46 PM
**UPDATE**

i didnt read above but i know that HP tuners is nearing the end of there Software project for j-bodies and the hypertech doesnt do one. there is a website showing one for the eco but someone called hypertech and was told that there is no program available and they do not see themselves doing one in the future.

MY 2003 SUNFIRE

"A N/A ecotec is not gonna give Honda's and Mitsu's that much of a run for their
money unless their blown or bottle fed.GM is still smokin crack!"
~1QWKZ24
www.streetracing.org, 08/2001

Wednesday, November 23, 2005 9:20 AM
**update...

Hptuners if prolly gonna drop us from their software tuning. it seems that way form what i have read on JBO. they are doing the cobalt SS and LS2 softwares. i think they believe the demand is not there for us.

MY 2003 SUNFIRE 15.6@86mph

"A N/A ecotec is not gonna give Honda's and Mitsu's that much of a run for their
money unless their blown or bottle fed.GM is still smokin crack!"
~1QWKZ24
www.streetracing.org, 08/2001
Sunday, November 27, 2005 7:12 PM
HP Tuners is supposedly coming out with a software package for 4 cylinder GM engines but they haven't posted anything on their website as to when this will take place. GM will reflash the PCM module on your engine if you buy the Supercharger Kit #1780003 for the Ecotec engine. Whether or not that reflash changes the top speed, I don't know and GM won't answer my inquiries on that subject. The reflash definitely changes the fuel maps for the injectors, etc. Whether that reflash would work on a stock, normally aspirated Ecotec engine in regards to driveability only GM knows.
Friday, December 16, 2005 7:23 PM
Matthew Strong wrote:It is better to disconnect the negative cable for safety and when you hook it up again, it allows the computer to find the newly installed part and adapt to it. It is an adaptive learning program, ALL newer cars have it.

edited for accuracy
Thursday, February 02, 2006 7:00 AM
actually you don't need to reset the ECU, it will adapt anyways.

Also the resistor chip is worthless on our cars, it will actually take away power, make your engine run rich, and gunk things up.

Power is NOT cheap.

-Chris

Monday, March 27, 2006 1:48 AM
Just wanted to say this...

There is no point of getting a computer tuning device if you have nothing to tune. If you're stock, your computer is PROBABLY putting out the best performance for your car. Even if you have a full exhaust, I highly doubt you'll need some big tuning device. When you start to get into changing the amount of airflow (exceptionally) entering your motor, than it'll become more necessary and useful.

www.kronosperformance.com / 732-742-8837

Thursday, May 11, 2006 10:41 PM
hptuners,com has one for sale it goes through your obd 2 port

Its Pronounced {TEAR I AL}
YEAH THE ORANGE BITCH CAR HIT FASTER THEN YOUR HONDA!!!!!!
hit a 15.43 on intake and cat back in wendover
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search