Bogging down - Tuning Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Bogging down
Thursday, November 23, 2006 4:42 AM
Hey i just installed my gm perfromance supercharger i know the power is there. The problem is sometimes it bogs down like its not getting enough fuel. It also idles at around1200 rpms intermitle. Has anyone come across this?

Re: Bogging down
Thursday, November 23, 2006 8:02 AM
did you have the reflash done? if so gm should be the one that will fix it. they might not have entered a peramiter right or something, cause sounds like you do not have enough fuel or to much, did you change the injectors?
Thursday, November 23, 2006 11:51 AM
brad eisenhauer wrote:did you have the reflash done? if so gm should be the one that will fix it. they might not have entered a peramiter right or something, cause sounds like you do not have enough fuel or to much, did you change the injectors?

Same question...did you get the reflash?

Also, who did the installation of everything? You or the dealership?

www.kronosperformance.com / 732-742-8837

Saturday, November 25, 2006 2:41 PM
I did the re-flash and i checked with the tech 2 today and it was lean fuel on acceleration, and the other was the IAT. The IAT doesn't make sense because you get rid of it with the installation of the supercharger?
Saturday, November 25, 2006 4:19 PM
Andrew Anderson wrote:I did the re-flash and i checked with the tech 2 today and it was lean fuel on acceleration, and the other was the IAT. The IAT doesn't make sense because you get rid of it with the installation of the supercharger?

It sounds like either 2 things:

1. Your TMAP sensor was incorrectly installed

or

2. They didn't flash your PCM with the right re-flash

Sunday, November 26, 2006 7:19 AM
you need the iat sensor that is what controls fuel with different temp. you need to put it back right where it is getting air, just not where it will see boost. or get a cheap eBay thing that says it will boost performance, those things just sen poor fuel signal and coldest temp to send as much fuel as it can at wide open throttle, my girl has one on her 00 cavy. and on the dyno it pegs to 10.4 a/f ration and never comes down after floored, and i run 9 psi on a 2200 junk motor and it makes 296 at the wheels with auto. so should work the same for yours. try one on a dyno for 2 runs if a/f ration is still the same take it off. they only cost like 20.00. and yes i know it is a resister, but they did the work. just a suggestion.
Sunday, November 26, 2006 7:00 PM
brad eisenhauer wrote:you need the iat sensor that is what controls fuel with different temp. you need to put it back right where it is getting air, just not where it will see boost. or get a cheap eBay thing that says it will boost performance, those things just sen poor fuel signal and coldest temp to send as much fuel as it can at wide open throttle, my girl has one on her 00 cavy. and on the dyno it pegs to 10.4 a/f ration and never comes down after floored, and i run 9 psi on a 2200 junk motor and it makes 296 at the wheels with auto. so should work the same for yours. try one on a dyno for 2 runs if a/f ration is still the same take it off. they only cost like 20.00. and yes i know it is a resister, but they did the work. just a suggestion.

You would be correct in the normal circumstance but in the circumstance of his setup, it isn't. With the GM Supercharger setup (including reflash), you're converting your MAP sensor & IAT sensor combo to a Single TMAP (Tempurature/Manifold Absolute Pressure) Sensor. This requires splicing of the wires into the TMAP sensor and a new harness. Here is the wiring diagram of this:

Hopefully this makes a bit more sense.

Monday, November 27, 2006 5:32 AM
on my 03 the IAT crapped out on me 4 times since i got it. mabye yours crapped out too

many changes in the making
my favorite part about doing bodywork,.......... bondo bugers
Sunday, December 17, 2006 7:11 PM
ok so i fixed the wiring and it still bogs down, usually after driving on the highway.....
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search