management question - Tuning Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
management question
Monday, April 09, 2007 7:59 PM
Ok scuse me if my english is not good because I'm from Quebec.
I have a Cavy 2003 with a 2.0L ecotec supercharged engine from cobalt ss 2006.
If i take my stock computer,harness, 2.0L injector map sensor, and I install on my 2.0L ecotec engine . Can I go at the dealer and reflash my ecu for a 2.2L ecotec supercharged kit ? I did't have electronic throttle body from the SS engine. I have a throttle body spacer plate with flange and a 5.3L throttle body from Chevy truck.

Re: management question
Wednesday, April 11, 2007 6:26 PM
You would basically need everything out of the SS/SC engine INCLUDING the computer. They are entirely two different PCMs. You would also need to change the wiring as well.

You will throw a code for the Throttle body computer connections not being hooked up.

But you do realize you could have put that supercharger on your 2.2 ECOTEC, right? You didn't need to swap the engine.

www.kronosperformance.com / 732-742-8837

Thursday, September 20, 2007 8:54 AM
NJHK wrote:

But you do realize you could have put that supercharger on your 2.2 ECOTEC, right? You didn't need to swap the engine.

Is there a basic write up for how to do this? This would be alot less expensive than buying a kit. I located a crapload of used one within seconds of looking. I'd need the manifold and the supercharger... and associated parts... belt etc... would I need a reflash?
Thursday, September 20, 2007 11:29 AM
Mike2200 wrote:
NJHK wrote:

Is there a basic write up for how to do this? This would be alot less expensive than buying a kit. I located a crapload of used one within seconds of looking. I'd need the manifold and the supercharger... and associated parts... belt etc... would I need a reflash?

I'm not really the person to ask that question, I'd ask on ecotecforum.com, more people who do have it.

www.kronosperformance.com / 732-742-8837

Wednesday, October 10, 2007 2:15 PM
The motor and injectors and engine monitoring components are very different. I would suggest an easier way. go to a total standalone ECM from AEM or other. I think getting a PCM from a 2.0L sounds costly if not found used and then the trouble of getting it wired in with out a good diagram..........man that is not a job I would want to do.

[FONT="Arial Black"][SIZE="4"] Click to see My CARDOMAIN Page

[FONT="Arial Black"][SIZE="1"][COLOR="Red"]1/4 - 13.9 @ 101.6, Best 60ft 2.1840 Performance mods to obtain best times - GMS2 and a K&N drop in filter.
But now GMS2 is SOLD [SIZE="2"]Car needs more work with tune. 13.9 with very rough tune.

[SIZE="4"][FONT="Arial Black"][COLOR="Blue"]GIMILI Drag Raceway September 29th or BUST

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search