Advice for tuning a Z18XE - Tuning Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Advice for tuning a Z18XE
Tuesday, January 22, 2008 9:41 AM
Am looking for the best way to get more power from my 1.8 astra coupe. Any one got good ideas or websites to check please leave a comment! thanks

Re: Advice for tuning a Z18XE
Tuesday, January 22, 2008 12:12 PM
get a bigger exhaust, you probably have to custom it for now because to early model
Saturday, March 22, 2008 3:33 PM
Hey mate my wee bro has a Vectra B z18xe and at a recent RR day he got 129.6bhp @ the flywheel the car's totally bog standard firstly as said I would consider having a new Exhaust made up or even buying a pre made one from say jetex or that go for a 200 cell sports catt and catt back box you could also de-restrict your airbox and put a K&N panel filter in mibbe upgrade the inlet mani and exhaust manifold and you should see a gain mibbe cams a throttle body new injectors...
I own a 2.2 astra coupe SE1 in Europa Blue with the half Leather and blue alcantara well lush where you from mate?
Sunday, March 23, 2008 5:20 AM
Cheers. I got the k&n panel filter and veccy c intake pipe n a dual exit exhaust. Notcied more power topend n revs more freely.
was looking into the rest of he stuff but seems a bit expensive . Think ill find my self a nice 2ltr turbo to drop in.

Im from aberdeen what about u??
Tuesday, March 25, 2008 11:21 AM
Hey a fellow Scot I'm from Glasgow mate...
Yea you gonna put a z20let in then why don't you go for the turbo conversion Courtenay will do it for you mate...
It is an expensive bussines this modding but when you get the end result it's well worth it I'm going for the Courtenay SC conversion no turbo lag I got a pilot run in Mark from Courtenays S/Charged 2.2 Astra Hatchback and WOW the power was unbelievable he's got Bilstien Dampers and Eibach Springs with Front and Rear Whiteline ARBs and it sticks to the road like glue we're doing a group buy for the Whiteline Rear Adjustable ARB for the Astra/Zafira from Courtenay for a really good price mate if you want drop me a pm and I'll give you the web addy don't know if you're allowed to post up other sites on here...
Alan
Sunday, December 27, 2009 6:21 AM
i have a corsa sri 1.8, i put a 4 branch manifold inc. de-cat and it makes about 130bhp on the rolling road ,wanting to cam it now and see how it goes
Friday, January 15, 2010 6:44 AM
Cheers, mate,.... Damn Brits, lol.

The best way to increase power is to supercharge/turbocharge. I am unsure about what resources you guy have, but alot of US/Canadian guys will take the superchager set-up off a Cobalt SS/SC or Ion Redline and install it on their 2.2l/2.4l ecotecs(L61/LE5). Also the 2003+ Saab 9-3s 2.0T's turbo system is a direct bolt on to other ecotecs and is fairly common way over here to cheaply turbocharge a ecotec(L61) Cavalier/Sunfire.

As for tuning the engine, alot of Cavalier/Sunfire guys over here(US/Canada) use HPTuners.

I am unfamiliar with the specifics of the Z18XE. Mainly because it is not offered over here, but as long as it is in the Ecotec family the supercharger "kit" and turbocharger "kit" will bolt up because all ecotecs have the same bolt patterns. Which allows manifolds, transmissions, cylinder heads, cam covers, etc... to be swapped from engine to engine.

Yes, linking other sites is allowed. There is even a button for it.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edited Friday, January 15, 2010 7:18 AM

219whp - I <3 whine

Thursday, July 07, 2011 4:43 PM
So this is the tuning forum... I dont think HP tuners or EFI live support your engine so if you want to tune you will have to wire in a stand alone. And the 1.8 is not a real ecotec, by the way.

1994 Saturn SL2 Home Coming Edition: backup car
2002 Chevy Cavalier LS Sport Coupe: In a Junk Yard
1995 Mazda Miata R-package Class=STR
Sponsored by: Kronos Performance

WPI Class of '12 Mechanical Engineering
WPI SAE Risk and Sustainability Management Officer
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search