2006 saturn ion boost - Tuning Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
2006 saturn ion boost
Friday, February 02, 2007 2:35 PM
On a 2006 2.2 ecotec with no return fuel how would i go about adjusting fuel or would i just hook up my injectors and fuel pump???

Re: 2006 saturn ion boost
Friday, February 02, 2007 10:40 PM
shane rasmussen wrote:On a 2006 2.2 ecotec with no return fuel how would i go about adjusting fuel or would i just hook up my injectors and fuel pump???

Just because you can't necessarily raise your fuel pressure (with an adjustable fuel pressure regulator) doesn't mean that there aren't other ways of fuel management. With a returnless fuel system, best way to adjust is through your PCM, whether it's tricking it or changing the computer tables with a programmer.

Currently, there is no programmer for your computer. There is a piggyback unit that some claim to work properly called an SMT-6. You might want to look into that.

You should only change your fuel injectors:

1. If you have a way of controlling them during idle, cruising & wide open throttle
2. If they are not capable of keeping up with the fuel demand of your engine (going pass 80-85% duty cycle) and avoiding possible fuel injector failure.

The only reason you should change your fuel pump:

1. To keep up with the demand of the rest of your fuel system
2. To keep the fuel pump from overworking and possibly failing altogether.

I highly suggest you read this to get a better understanding on a fuel system and how it works:

http://www.ecotecforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2743

If you have anymore questions, feel free to ask.

www.kronosperformance.com / 732-742-8837

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search