What ECM for L61 in a Street Rod? - Tuning Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
What ECM for L61 in a Street Rod?
Wednesday, May 26, 2010 12:56 PM
Which way to jump? I am in the planning stage of building a very light weight Track-T street rod. Target engine is a model year 2007, or later?, L61. It appears that
the least complicated way to go for the ECM is one of the aftermarket ones. Goal is strong low and mid range torque. Minor planned mods are cold air induction, a 4-2-1
header with 1 5/8" primaries and maybe a bored out mechanical throttle body. Rather than major "brain surgery" to delete unneeded functions from the OEM PCM, starting
with one of aftermarket systems looks rational. BTW no emission control requirements. I like the '07 engine because of the use of a more common 60-2 reluctor wheel for
the ignition.

There are units from ACCEL, FAST, AEM. Electromotive, and one from Australia called Link. I note the forum mavens ding MegaSquirt. Would be nice to find one that offers
an engine harness as an option. So far I have not found any one offering a systems built around the MEFI-4 with O2 sensor. I have a car with the RamJet 350 SBC with
the MEFI-4 (do not know if it is -A of -B) plug and play ECM which works just fine!

OK guys, what are the pros and cons on the various stand-alone systems? Recommendations, horror stories, lessons learned.

Thanks for your help

Re: What ECM for L61 in a Street Rod?
Monday, August 15, 2011 6:47 PM
mefi 4 or 5 works well for this app. There are many systems that will work.Questions? give me a call, Steve Humphrey 909 910 3867
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search