Undercarriage schematic or pictures? - Suspension Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Undercarriage schematic or pictures?
Thursday, December 14, 2006 6:47 AM
Anyone have any pictures or "good technical quality" drawings (no 5 year old crayon drawings) of the underside of a 3rd gen cavi. im still at school away from my shop and i want to start planning my next project car. Some will laugh, some will cry, some might actually like this idea. I plan on caging a 3rd gen cavi and making it rear wheel drive. I will be using the ecotec motor if i can (which im 99.9999... sure). Figure id just source a colorado trans and feed it to either an indy rear out of a vette or 10 bolt straight axl. and yes i know... floor pan surgery, sub frame connections, trunk pan mod, completly new steering rack and pinion setup, fun happy happies with the engine and trans mounting, among various other nightmares. It actually doesnt look THAT hard but definatley glad i have a good welder and the little fabrication knowledge i do have will serve me well.

anyways email the pics to pool3shark@hotmail.com

oh yeah Could anyone confirm the fitment of the MA5 bellhousing from the colorado to the eco blocks. good ol GM interchangablity!

Re: Undercarriage schematic or pictures?
Saturday, December 23, 2006 8:05 PM
im planning somthing similar using an ion and a 240sx
Sunday, September 16, 2007 10:41 AM
a solstice tranny would work on the 2.4 vvt and would be rediculously sick....
Sunday, September 16, 2007 1:05 PM
I'm figuring the most challenging part will be to fab in the rear drive. The most sensible option is a straight axle (GM 10bolt) mount it up in the old A-body style, a 4 link with the upper members angles outward to laterally set the rear, that way i don't have to mess around with trying to fit in a panard bar. Makes sense since there are already mounting brackets for the K-member. The bitch will be the drive shaft I'm figuring a regular slip yoke to a small diameter drive shaft, 3" max. will suffice. Some floor pan surgery to fit the trans and engine wire it up and off we go.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search