Has my suspension failed? - Suspension Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Has my suspension failed?
Tuesday, March 11, 2008 7:48 PM
I installed a set of Drop-zone springs and KYB AGX's about 3 months ago which lowered the car 1.8 inches all around. I have had in increase in handling and there is no body roll no matter how hard I turn it. I have a 2003 pontiac sunfire ecotec 2.2L 5 speed. It seems like I feel every bump i hit even more than I did on the stock suspension. Is this just how it is when you lower a car or has the suspension failed? I'm curious if i need to change out my springs to maybe a 1.4 drop? Has anyone else gone through this experience? What should I do cause I'm so lost right now?????????????????

Re: Has my suspension failed?
Wednesday, March 12, 2008 5:09 PM
Your lowering springs are a lot stiffer than stock. You will feel every little thing on the road. AGX's are adjustable aren't they? If so, adjust them if you can. The thing with lowering a vehicle is your ride quality sometimes will not be quite the same.
Thursday, March 13, 2008 4:33 AM
Is there anything i can do to improve the ride quality? Its not so much as me thats complaining, its my girlfried. she's been upset with me cause she cant put her make up on when she's riding with me anymore. LOL oh well. You think if I raised it to 1.4 would i encounter the same problem?

Thursday, March 13, 2008 6:46 AM
well tell your girl to to either live with it or dont ride in your car, If I listened to my girlfriend i would have fuzzy pink interior. screw that. for your question there isnt much you can do it improve it because you lowering it. unless you want to change it back to stock. and if its just your girlfriend complaining then ignore it, who the hell cares about her not being able to put on makeup she doesnt spend an hour doin that in the morning?i dont know thats what i would tell my girl atleast, cars before girls
Thursday, May 07, 2009 9:37 AM
Haha, tell her to suck it up. I remember that my EX - GF gave me hell for buying my 03 cav.

Yea the rougher ride is normal will lower vehicles. One thing you could try is adjusting the AGXs to a softer setting.

Tinkles

2003 Cavalier 1SV
Bagged and Blown

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search