F35 5-Speed pressure plate bolt removal - Transmission Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
F35 5-Speed pressure plate bolt removal
Saturday, October 06, 2007 2:00 PM
Anybody know what type of tool removes these F35 pressure plate bolts ? Mine are extremely tight, and an 8mm 12-point socket merely strips them, even though it seems a good fit.

Re: F35 5-Speed pressure plate bolt removal
Saturday, October 06, 2007 2:26 PM
Sorry - Here are the pics of the Bolts....
Saturday, October 06, 2007 2:37 PM
Inverted torx sockets i believe they are called. Don't know what size you would need though.
Saturday, October 06, 2007 8:29 PM
Thanks Matthew. Guess I should have looked more closely at my own pictures for a clue !
Sunday, March 09, 2008 11:12 PM
definetely inverted torx heads. They will be numbered e-30, e-45, e-47, ect, whereas standard torx head will be t-30, t-40, ect. On a side note, my 2005 Sunflower has regular boltheads holding the pressure plate on, hmmm???

Currently #4 in Ecotec Forced Induction horsepower ratings. 505.8 WHP 414WTQ!!!
Currently 3rd quickest Ecotec on the .org - 10.949 @ 131.50 MPH!!!

Monday, March 10, 2008 8:48 AM
yep definitely cause its a torx
Thursday, April 14, 2011 7:10 PM
If you're replacing the rtex pressure plate, you can use an impact gun to remove the bolts. Be careful that once the bolts are loose the clutch disk can fall out the bottom. You can use the clutch installation tool to hold it in place until the bolts are removed. When installing the PP, you want to tighten the bolts in a "star" pattern and tighten them down a little at a time. You do this as the PP is spring loaded and you want it to clamp it down evenly. Final torque is approximately 25 ft-lbs. Have a buddy use a breaker bar and socket to keep the crank pulley (catch one of the 3 bolts) from rotating, this will hold the flywheel in place for you.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search