SWAP - Transmission Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
SWAP
Saturday, December 22, 2007 2:44 PM
ok guys so i have an 05' malibu classic and i wanna swap a F23 Get rag into it. i know your asking why would i wanna go and do that. well i wanna be different and i love manual transmissions anyways is this possible?

Re: SWAP
Wednesday, January 02, 2008 10:43 PM
Anything is possible,I assuming you have the ecotec in your car, if so you would have to weld new mounts on the frame for the trans and get your computer tuned for the manual trans, you would also have to see if you could use cavailer cv shafts in your car and you would have to get a new computer harness, there are other things needed to complete the swap but im really tired right now and cant think, lol

Friday, April 04, 2008 9:46 PM
The classic is the older N-body platform (98/99-05), and there was a F23 available in that platform (4 cylinder grand am/alero). All the parts should swap right over. Might have to do some welding (forget how the trans mounts are in the N-body)

SPD RCR Z - '02 Z24 420whp
SLO GOAT - '04 GTO 305whp
W41 BOI - '78 Buick Opel Isuzu W41 Swap

Saturday, February 21, 2009 4:24 PM
I have two swaps I would like to do.

1st one can you replace a 1996 cavalier with a bad manual transmission can I put a 1996 auto transmission in it. Is there any special mod's that need to be done?

2nd I have a 92 GMC Safari with a bad 700r4 transmission, I got a line on a 1995 Chevy Astro, I believe it has a 4L60 transmission. Is this correct and is this a direct replacement? I know a 4L60E will not work.

Thanks David.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search