1000hp why not AWD? - Transmission Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
1000hp why not AWD?
Thursday, May 28, 2009 8:44 PM
ok so we all know about the sunfire and cavalier that are pushing 1000hp, but does anyone know how to turn one of these monsters into an AWD. im in the army and have the tools, money and know how to put it together but i was hoping there would be some parts out there that would help the process.

Re: 1000hp why not AWD?
Saturday, July 18, 2009 11:08 AM
Well man there are two things that make it very hard to do. You have to have some sort of frame in the rear and a place to put a drive shaft to the rear. Not to say that there is a GM trans that is AWD out there in the first place. You would need a way to bolt a AWD trans up to your engine and a way to control it(a computer). You would spend less money and time by getting a car that is AWD. If you have to do it and use a J body, I try a tube frame and go from there.

04 Cav auto
95 Beretta auto
Saturday, July 18, 2009 1:48 PM
If you can do it, go for it. All the power to you. But there is a reason the top dragsters in the world are rear wheel drive only.
Sunday, July 19, 2009 12:15 AM
i just like to challenge the "best". i think that awd is faster and im in love with the j body so its just natural to want to put the 2 together. im honestly just looking for an application that would fit the car i can make it connect to the engine no prob i was looking in to subaru's but not sure it would fit let me know of any other ideas and if you think im crazy id love to hear it too.
Thursday, July 23, 2009 6:50 PM
There is always a loss from the drive train. You will have a bigger loss when going with AWD.

04 Cav auto
95 Beretta auto
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search