Fried LNF Trans - Transmission Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Fried LNF Trans
Wednesday, October 17, 2012 6:31 PM
New member here. I have a 08 HHR SS with a lot of aftermarkets. Not going into detail right now what they are but here is why I'm here:

I'm pushing around 500HP/500TQ and fried my trans. It had a stage 2 clutch in it and aluminum flywheel. They seem to be fine but the trans is destroyed. Race bearing gone and a lot of metal material in the MTF when drained. My question is who, what and where are some good places to shop for aftermarket performance parts for my manual transmission. I bought a used one but the truth is, it's just going to happen again due to all the torque stress the engine is putting out. I believe the prior owner dumped the clutch in launch mode all the time as well. Owned the car for 5 months now, never realized the noise until it became a loud growl a month ago. Maybe because my Cold Air intake, blow-off valve and 3 inch exhaust is so loud. Plus I have 50% hearing loss due to explosions in Afghanistan. Anyhow, if someone could help me build this thing on this site, I will report all progress and we can help out future tuners do it right. I have until this next Monday to order parts, so please help....

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search