EcoTec Upgrades - Performance Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
EcoTec Upgrades
Thursday, November 18, 2004 3:27 PM
From what I can tell from calling around to the aftermarket ignition makers, there is little to nothing, besides spark plugs, for the 2.2L EcoTec engine.
Has anyone had any luck on modifing the ignition system on a stock 2.2L for better spark?

-Trey
2002 Satun L

Re: EcoTec Upgrades
Thursday, November 18, 2004 3:47 PM
RK Sports' Coils

Theres what I found at least, hope that helps if anything. Good luck! <br>

http://www.motortopia.com/cavyfreak442/cars
Best ET to Date: 14.251 @ 98.51 mph. 13's or Bust Baby!
Thursday, November 18, 2004 7:03 PM
Your stock ignition should be fine Trey, upgrade the airflow (these engines love it). Once you get so far, lets say boost and/or cams and adj. gears. Then you will get to dip into the mess of fuel and spark collaborations.
Travis
Ecofire55
Monday, November 29, 2004 8:49 PM
I have the cams adjustable gears port polished head cut the valves and now having trouble keeping it idled any ideas <br>

00eco
Thursday, December 02, 2004 3:16 PM
trey1966 wrote:From what I can tell from calling around to the aftermarket ignition makers, there is little to nothing, besides spark plugs, for the 2.2L EcoTec engine.
Has anyone had any luck on modifing the ignition system on a stock 2.2L for better spark?

-Trey
2002 Satun L

Try this.

http://www.saturnmotorsports.com/store/asp/product.asp?recorprod=1&product=318&cat=57&ph=&keywords=&recor=&SearchFor=&PT_ID=

"Plasma Booster"
It ups the power to igintion to give you a bigger spark.
I hope that helpes

-Jeff- <br>

Notice to all employees.
Due to lack of funding we are forced to turn off the light at the end of the tunnel.
Friday, December 03, 2004 5:13 AM
alot fo parts will work on the ecotec that are already out there, some of them you just have to know how to make them work with it.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search