Got the cav runnin nice, but hit a wall - Performance Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Got the cav runnin nice, but hit a wall
Thursday, October 14, 2004 9:18 PM
Im sure a few of you clicked on this expecting to see pictures of a wrecked cavalier, but im not talkin about that kinda wall. I have an 04 cav that i just got done putting a k&n intake on, rk sport headers, and a custom exhaust setup from the headers back. But im not sure what i should do next, I wanted to get the flywheel from customcargrilles, but its sold out, so i was thinkin about getting an msn sci but im not sure exacty what i should do thats not super expersive like boost or juice, i want to get all of the other stuff out of the way before i save up for the supercharger, but i figured someone on here could point me in the right direction from past experience, so let me know what you guys have dont to you ecos and hopefully i can figure out what to do next. Thanks.

Re: Got the cav runnin nice, but hit a wall
Thursday, October 14, 2004 9:22 PM
Oops i ment lightweight crank pulley from customcargrilles.com sorry abou that.

Friday, October 15, 2004 5:56 AM
I just got my crank pulley from customcargrills.com as part of a group purchase. Last I heard, he's not making anymore due to lack of interest. If you really want one from him, organize a group purchase, or if that doesn't work, go with one of the others like the RSM racing one, RKsport, or I think Mantapart has one.

Mine is 13.9 oz. and is NOT underdriven so I know my power accessories won't slow down. I like that comforting factor.
Saturday, October 16, 2004 10:13 AM
Damm, do you know if the one from mantapart is underdriven or not, cause its one of the lightest i found, and how do you mean my power accessories will slow down, my windows are manual anyway the only things power are the doors and the sunroof, and the cd player and stuff ya know. I was also lookin at that msd sci. I dunno where to go, i dont think i need any fuel upgrades yet mabey some spark plugs or something butim not sure. let me know what yall think.

Saturday, October 16, 2004 10:30 AM
i just checked mantas site. the crank pulley is underdriven but includes a larger alternator pulley so u wouldnt have to worry about the accessories. but the want $450!!!!!! thats redliculous for a pulley set. just go with the rsm pulley. its very light and stock sized and costs 160 plus shipping. the stock ignitoin is pretty strong so u probly dont need any ignition upgrades with the mods u currenty have. fuel upgrades arent needed yet for u and the stock plugs are ok as long as they are in good condition.
Thursday, November 11, 2004 5:29 PM
how about a larger Throttle body and some cams

Thursday, November 11, 2004 10:53 PM
Before you build it up you should probably get a manual transmission..then you will be a bit faster..no offense but we all know that the auto tranny's are certifiably lame try the motor mounts!..from what i've heard from the JBO is that they are definitly worth it!
Wednesday, November 17, 2004 9:30 AM
larger TB and cams would be good for ya, great setup then since you got the full header back already.
Might wanna start maybe working on your suspension aswell, we all know our stock suspension relaly sucks for our cars, lol... Get some nice Koni Yellows and some Drop zones, add some sway & strut bars and you'll have a nice ride going.

Or you could do exterior... kit, new spoiler, some tails & such, rims, etc.

Its all in what you want the car to be =)... if we knew that we could help a lot more <br>

http://www.motortopia.com/cavyfreak442/cars
Best ET to Date: 14.251 @ 98.51 mph. 13's or Bust Baby!
Tuesday, November 30, 2004 12:19 AM
well i have a full body kit shaved door handles and everything else, all clear headlights and taillights so i think the exterior is in pretty good shape right now, i have some h & r lowerinig springs to put on over the winter and strut bars, i have been lookin at some kyb agx struts, i just need to get it runnin a little faster to match its looks, i found that rk sport coil kit for the spark plugs ill probley pick that up along with the rsm pulley kit and an auto trans intercptior, but im still debating the motor mounts and tranny mount, does anyone have them all on their car, how much does it make the inside of your car vibrate.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search