Fuel Delivery & Boost - Performance Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Fuel Delivery & Boost
Sunday, December 19, 2004 2:26 AM
Im currently in the process of parting together and researching a turbo kit for my ecotec alero (with auto tranny). It should be goin under the knife in January, and Im just trying to find some answers here. Im gonna be runnin a T3/T4 (a/r of 60/61) at likely 6 psi, non intercooled for now, and was wondering what I should be doing for fuel delivery on a relatively stock setup (aside from an intake). I was told by a local dyno tuner, that if I could get my hands on an SAFC II that he could tune it really easily. However, Im still unsure as to whether the ecotec would be compatible with the Apex'I SAFC II unit. Im finding it very difficult to find a knowledgeable answer on jbody.org as to what I can use (short of a stand alone system) for fuel, and I havent been on the board long enough to be able to tell who knows what theyre talkin about and who doesnt, nevermind filtering though all the drama queens. What alternatives to a stand alone system do I have(as a stand alone is way beyond my price range), and what will I need for a decent and reliable setup right now? Also, will units like the HKS Super AFR work, or perhaps an EIC unit? Im hoping some of my ecotec bretheren, and GM-J guru's can help me on this one please.

Re: Fuel Delivery & Boost
Sunday, December 19, 2004 10:53 PM
umm.. maybe some type of FMU(Aeromotive, Vortec ect.) with larger injectors and a good dyno. Your gonna end up getting what you pay for though...
Re: Fuel Delivery & Boost
Monday, December 20, 2004 5:18 PM
Maybe contact Haas. They are a newer company producing turbo products and I believe in the "haas christmas special" post on JBO someone mentioned buying an EIC from them. I'm kind of at this point too. Fuel management seems to be the most difficult part of boosting an eco.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search