Wheel Hop(scary) - Performance Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Wheel Hop(scary)
Wednesday, January 05, 2005 11:12 PM
I have a2002 cavalier ecotec,5spd, I put sport spring on it to get rid of some of my wheel hop(which did help). But I still get it at the track. If I try to get a good launch, I have to feather the clutch real bad so I don't hop. Or I will hop all the way through 1st and half way through 2nd gear( really sucks). I just want to know what really works, and will without a doubt take care of my wheel hop issues for good. I would appriciate all the info I can get. (I noticed that after the RSM underdrive pulley and AEM CAI and RKsport exhaust it got alot worse) And food for thought, RSM underdrive pulley actually weights 1.2lb, not 12oz(sorry) I called jenney at high rev motor sports the day i got it and said they should fix it. I got mine back in May. First one to get one. Not trying to start a fight, just saying.

Re: Wheel Hop(scary)
Thursday, January 06, 2005 2:14 AM
if you are trying to hook expect to break somthing ok i usually clutch it just enough to get the car rolling and then i let the clutch out i usually do this from 3-4 grand just so i know i spin and dont hook.

i do this at both the tracks i go to so i know it will work for me anyone who says im a moron can try what they want but i know what works for me <br>

its a cavalier i should get 2 cars and the hit

Re: Wheel Hop(scary)
Thursday, January 06, 2005 4:56 AM
works for you, i understand. I go to an 1/8mile track. I want to be able to just spin a little, not try to shake the dash board out of my car ya know. I want to just spin when I dump it from 4 to 4500 rpms like I do on the street.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search