AutoTrans Interceptor - Performance Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
AutoTrans Interceptor
Wednesday, December 08, 2004 9:50 AM
i have a 2002 eco sunfire and i was wondering if the autotrans interceptor on highrevmotorsports.com (said to fit the 4T40E 4 speed auto) would be compatible with my car, and would it really make that big of a difference?

Re: AutoTrans Interceptor
Wednesday, December 08, 2004 11:15 AM
Make a big difference in what?..ur always gonna be slower because you have an automatic
Wednesday, December 08, 2004 4:02 PM
that didnt really answer my question, but thanks for trying....i guess
Wednesday, December 08, 2004 8:19 PM
you did'nt give enough information..what is it supposed to make a difference in?..acceleration..shifting..?
Thursday, December 09, 2004 6:51 PM
I think he gave enough info. Not sure what tranny comes with the Eco's. As for performance I've heard it'll give ya a couple tenths at the track.
Friday, December 10, 2004 4:51 PM
i got the b&m shiftplus.. $30 instead of $125 and it works great... definatley worth it, sometimes i can get my tires to spin going into second gear.
Tuesday, December 14, 2004 6:02 AM
so the b&m shiftplus will fit on the 4-speed auto that is in the 2002 eco sunfire
Tuesday, December 14, 2004 2:50 PM
yes, SEARCH on j-body.org in the transmission forum to get destructions.
Tuesday, December 14, 2004 5:10 PM
the shiftplus will be the best $30 you will spend on your car. when you install it sodder the wires on because some guys cant get it to work and thats the problem. if your car feels like its gonna break when it shifts then you installed it right.
Sunday, January 02, 2005 10:21 PM
Tom V wrote:i got the b&m shiftplus.. $30 instead of $125 and it works great... definatley worth it, sometimes i can get my tires to spin going into second gear.

wow i can make my tires churp into second without ... the autotrans .. int... HMm mabe i should get the b&m thing ... see how it improves my car now ... oh and im not bSing ... i can make my auto eco churp when it hits second...
Tuesday, January 04, 2005 6:54 AM
Back to the beginning where someone stated "your always going to be slower if you have an automatic" - First off if i had a 500hp auto and you have a 200 hp manny whos gonna win??? Second have you ever heard of a shift kit??? Guess not

Thursday, January 06, 2005 5:06 AM
Good job with comparing automatic transmissions and manual tranmissions. You basically compared an apple to and orange. No offense
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search