2.4L Intake mods - Performance Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
2.4L Intake mods
Saturday, January 29, 2005 10:45 AM
well long story short i got ripped off on my AEM cai, so im wondering what mods it requires to put a 2.4 L intake on the ecotec, the 2.4L cai/sri's are considerably cheaper than ecotecs, so its a pretty good move i think, since lots of people have done it...so my question is, for those who have done a 2.4l intake on an ecotec, what modifications did you need to make?

Re: 2.4L Intake mods
Saturday, January 29, 2005 6:40 PM
as far as i know... there are only a few people with eco's to put a 2.4 on an ecotec

I... am one of them lol

all i did, was hacked off the "s" pipe part, then i got some 2.75" pipe, and ran that to the rubber 90* elbow. I also had that bracket in place, but all i did was take the pipe, stick it in a vice, and make it an elongated oval.. your not loosing air flow like that, but its giving you like half inch clearance from the hood... simple as that

i had to fab up a bracket to hold it to the power steering bolt thingy, cause i cut off the 2.4bracket...

in total, i probaly spent 54 bucks including high temp paint to make it look good lol <br>

2004 Cavalier ~ 15.7- Bone Stock... 17's and full sound system
Tuesday, February 08, 2005 7:16 AM
Was their a real performance difference with the 2.4 intake? Also, where did you put the small hose that come`s from the fuel press. reg.? <br>

Sapporo
Tuesday, February 08, 2005 3:25 PM
i got a wai from rksport and they said to take a cap off of one of the nipples on the mainfold itself and. they supplied a new hose to run from the manifold to the fpr. however i have talked to a few people and they said that the fpr should be connected before the throttle body. on the manifold is after. they said some thing about the vacuum having the opposite effect. so to get it right youwould have to have the fpr connected to the intake tube. darkstars had put the ugly part of the stock intake back on top of the engine so his could be right, he just put a filter on the end of it. if you want to hook it up tio the manifold, the nipples are located below the throttle linkage. you can look at the pic in my profile and see how i put mine on to get it b4 the tb
Wednesday, February 09, 2005 11:29 AM
for the fuel press. reg. all i did was just stick the hose in a little hole i drilled, and siliconed around it..... works like a charm... <br>

2004 Cavalier ~ 15.7- Bone Stock... 17's and full sound system
Wednesday, February 16, 2005 9:28 AM
Yeah,
I did the same thing too, Drilled a hole,and put a 90 degree plastic fitting in the hole. Then attached the hose to that. Basically the same thing you did. <br>

Sapporo
Wednesday, February 16, 2005 9:29 AM
But that was on the air intake I put on, I did not change to a 2.4 manifold <br>

Sapporo
Wednesday, February 16, 2005 2:30 PM
cosmo racing are coming out shortly with a Intake system for the Eco and ill be the proud owner of this intake while they test it out on my car.

ill give you guys a feedback on it later next month. <br>

-------------------------------------

My Car Specs
Club J-Body Montreal Forums
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search