What changed in 2003 - Performance Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
What changed in 2003
Sunday, February 06, 2005 6:52 PM
I've seen some posts about the 2002 Ecotec having a smaller bore TB. If so, what other changes were made... ECM, Fuel rails???

Thanks,

Rob

Re: What changed in 2003
Sunday, February 06, 2005 7:43 PM
fuel rail and thats about it. TB Size i dont think so. <br>

-------------------------------------

My Car Specs
Club J-Body Montreal Forums
Tuesday, February 22, 2005 7:36 PM
Is there any performance to be had by switching to the 2003+ Fuel Rail/Injector assymbly??? Must be some reason GM changed.

Thanks el,

Rob

Need to find me a Quote...
Monday, February 28, 2005 6:48 PM
el,

I saw that you had posted some info about the 2003 Fuel Rail/injectors being bigger than the 2002. So, the head is different too?

Injectors wont fit after cylinder head change

Thanks el,

Rob

Wednesday, March 02, 2005 11:41 AM
i thought only the actual injectors were changed.. hmmm interesting.....

Sunday, March 06, 2005 4:20 AM
Come on guys, lets get things straight. This board isnt ALL about J-bodies, as seems to be the general attitude around here. From my research and discussions with GM guys, there are different changes depending on what platform your working with. IE: The injectors in the J bodies, did in fact change in 03, HOWEVER, in platforms such as the N-body (Grand ams, Aleros, etc) the injectors/fuel rail stayed the same from 02-04. Im really gettin frustrated over here always hearing info as it applies to J-body's and not the rest of the platforms. There are over a dozen of platforms with the ecotec powertrain, and frankly, not all of them changed or changed at the same time. Lets strive for some accuracy here please.
Monday, March 07, 2005 9:49 PM
Can you use a '03 up head on an '02 J-body, or '02-'04 N-body? Would there be any performance gain?

R

Tuesday, July 19, 2005 11:55 AM
yea is there a performance gain by changing this over??

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search