Parts suppliers - Performance Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Parts suppliers
Saturday, February 12, 2005 4:49 PM
I will be getting a factory new Cobalt in a couple weeks. I have already purchased the HAAS turbo kit for the ECOtec. While I'm in there, I want to upgrade the factory rods, rod bearings, pistons and rings. I fairly sold on the GM performance parts upgraded piston and ring set for stock blocks. I can't find on line a supplier of an upgraded connecting rod and bearing set. The rods on the ECOtec are the first weak leak, I thought for sure it would be easier to find someone making some.

I checked GM (their set is for the billet crank, I'm staying with stock), Crower, Crane, JE pistons, some others, and can't find much at all.

Could everyone post me a couple of links to some ECOtec performance parts pages? Specifically a rod set if you have one.

Re: Parts suppliers
Saturday, February 12, 2005 7:36 PM
Eagle makes good quality rods for the Ecotec. That will be your best bet. As for bearings, hit up Clevite, I believe they have an Ecotec application. That combo should be great for pushing a lot of power.
<br>

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about
the former." - Albert Einstein

Saturday, February 12, 2005 8:27 PM
Great. Eagle has been to first web site I'm visited to have an exact application match. Thanks for the recommendation. If anyone has any others, keep posting.

As for bearing, the Clevite web site pretty much sucks. I've put out an email to a couple of dealers that the site listed as close to me asking if they a bearing.

I was just thinking a moment ago, would a stock bearing work fine? I now the stock rods are weak, but I haven't heard anything about the stock bearings being a problem.
Tuesday, February 15, 2005 4:12 PM
I just got this today. Thought you all might find it interesting...

Yes on the rods, #B93731B-4 fits the L850 2.2 Ecotec. Cost is $711.

No cams at this time.

Thanks for your interest in Crower,

Brian Crower
Crower Cams & Equipment Co, Inc
6180 Business Center Court
San Diego, CA 92154-5604 USA
Tel: 619-661-6477
Fax: 619-661-6466
www.crower.com

> Is Crower producing any parts for the GM ECOtec 4 cylinder engine?
> Specifically I'm looking for a connecting rod set and Camshaft set. I
> couldn't find any cams, but you do list two rod sets for GM 4 cylinder
> engines, I just don't know if they apply to the ECOtec.
>
>
>
>
>
> -Geoff
>
>
>
>
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search