ECU/PCM Replacement - Performance Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
ECU/PCM Replacement
Monday, March 28, 2005 2:31 PM
Hi all,

This is my first post so a big Hello!

I am running an Opel Speedster over here in Ireland which I am modifying for performance. It has a GM 2.2L Ecotec plant. HPTuners don't have the software ready for this engine yet so reprogramming the ECU will be difficult.

My question is has anybody successfully replaced the stock ECU/PCM on such an engine? Is it an option?

Thx
Steve

Power Curve

Re: ECU/PCM Replacement
Tuesday, March 29, 2005 7:15 AM
Over here in California we are using the Ecotec in dune buggies/sandrails. Since we dont need all the external equipments(smog, power steering, etc) we use the Delphi computer and a custom harness. The motors are at about 170hp stock in this configuration.
Tuesday, March 29, 2005 1:47 PM
Phil de Lorm wrote:Since we dont need all the external equipments(smog, power steering, etc) we use the Delphi computer and a custom harness. The motors are at about 170hp stock in this configuration.

Thanks Phil.......Interesting!
The Speedster is very lean on luxury items too, no pwr steering for starters. Does however have a CAT converter with Lamba O2 sensors.
Some questions:
Are you using the standard fuel injection system?
Do you have details of the standard ECU and the Delphi harness you've constructed?
Are you using NA motors or the Turbos.

Speedster I wanna hack has the Normally Aspriated, or the Z22SE as its tagged over here.

Steve

Power Curve
Wednesday, March 30, 2005 7:26 AM
Can be programmed for NA or turbo. I will be buying the ecu, harness and sensors from New School Motorsports. They build engine packages for off road cars.
The dephi does not use the MAF sensor. Uses the MAP instead. Not sure exactly what other sensors it uses yet, as I dont have the parts.
Wednesday, March 30, 2005 1:57 PM
Phil de Lorm wrote:I will be buying the ecu, harness and sensors from New School Motorsports. They build engine packages for off road cars.

Thanks Phil, appreciate it lots if you could keep us informed as you progress. What's New School Motorsports web URL, Google threw up a blank!!

Power Curve
Monday, April 04, 2005 11:02 AM
I have the EDS / Regal Software on my Speedster with the 2.2 Ecotec engine , which allows the engine to go up to 7300 rpm an which produce between 3000 und 4000 more tourqe.

The Regals software is available in England.

I canīt say if there is more top end power, because I changed the small 5.5/17 front rims to 7.5/17 with 215/45/17 and the rear wheel to 235 /45/17 a few days before.
I made this mods with 15mm spacers on each original 7.5/17 rim.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search