Interest in custom Turbo kit Ecotec 2.2 - Page 2 - Performance Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: Interest in custom Turbo kit Ecotec 2.2
Tuesday, September 27, 2005 6:52 AM
Right Now im asking 2100 so anyone interested please either call me or email me 847 722 9303 or slmd2k3@hotmail.com. I will accept money orders or paypal. let me know what you guys think. If this sells quickly ill build another and keep selling them. oh a stock internals cavi yesterday on 14psi raped a gst with 15psi by more than 8 car lengths. 9 psi gets them by like 5.

*2012 mazdaspeed3*

Wednesday, September 28, 2005 7:13 AM
blueakron04 wrote:You are running 9 psi on stock injectors? With a 12:1 FMU that means you are pushing aroung 140-150psi through your stock fuel system? This I would love to see. If I were you I would spare no amount of money when it comes to fuel.....unless you hate your engine.

I'm not trying to sh*t on your setup or your quest for boost, because the more people that can learn how to do this, the better. But don't spread b.s. throughout forums that are made so people can learn. If for some reason your car is actually running, fix the fuel setup or it won't be for long.

i went for a ride in the car its pretty quick

Thursday, September 29, 2005 6:45 AM
Cheesecake wrote:
blueakron04 wrote:You are running 9 psi on stock injectors? With a 12:1 FMU that means you are pushing aroung 140-150psi through your stock fuel system? This I would love to see. If I were you I would spare no amount of money when it comes to fuel.....unless you hate your engine.

I'm not trying to sh*t on your setup or your quest for boost, because the more people that can learn how to do this, the better. But don't spread b.s. throughout forums that are made so people can learn. If for some reason your car is actually running, fix the fuel setup or it won't be for long.

i went for a ride in the car its pretty quick

After I re-read my post I felt kind of like a d*ck. I didn't mean to sound like I was talking down on AlmostTurboCavy, it just seems that his current setup would be putting a lot of strain on that fuel setup. Fuel is easily the most important part of boosting your car and it seems that is what he focused on least. I am in no way saying it won't work and I hope it does. Turboed Ecos make me happy. I just don't want a whole bunch of people buying a kit and leaning out due to clipped injectors or who knows what else and blowing their sh*t up. You have to admit, the fuel setup he presented as part of the kit is not adequate for long term survival of your engine. If someone is comfortable putting new parts in when they break, then go for it. But I'm not fond of broken parts and I know many others aren't as well.
Good luck with the boosting.
Thursday, September 29, 2005 7:36 AM
on six pounds there is no reason that this should not last an adequate amount of time. Now running anything higher yes i admit that injectors will have a much greater strain on them but a 38 dollar kit from paxton will drop the fmu to 6:1 and replace the injectors with 330cc injectors for under 300 bucks from hahn and you can run 14psi on stock internals and run a 13.4 so the kit isnt sh*t. If you require more boost than spend a couple hundred and your possibilities are limitless. Except for the bottom end haha that does have a limit but i have seen 16psi consistently hold on the street so we shall see what lies in the future for all of us that boost the eco. oh and if you do boost you will learn to love 3rd gear it goes by disgustingly quick and when racing that was my power gear if i had them in third i know i had them in the race

*2012 mazdaspeed3*
Monday, October 24, 2005 1:10 PM
I'm interested in this kit. Do you include all necessary hardware?
Monday, October 24, 2005 7:47 PM
See heres the problem ive redesigned the kit and its literally complete but the amount of assembly and custom work its not worth selling. Now if your interested in a parts list i can give you links and what not. So far my new kit consists of a t3 turbo xs turbocharger, turbo xs bov rfl-h, 35mm wastegate, turbo manifold, 5 steel ubends, 1 45 degree bend (2.5"), 36" 3an steel braided line, turbo inlet and outlet flanges, 2 drain plugs drilled and tapped, 1 3an 90 degree fitting, about 1 foot of 35mm conduit, header wrap about 15 ft., 4 couplers, 1 90 degree coupler (2.75-2.5"), about 4 feet of straight steel pipe 2.5", 3 o2 bungs, aem wideband o2, glow shift gauge pod and gauges (boost, oil pressure, oil temp), guage pod single, greddy turbo timer, *8 42lb an hour injectors(Thats how they are sold # wise), safc2, adj fuel pressure regulator, various fittings for tapping fuel rail, 2 35mm wastegate flanges, 2 extra 35mm wastegate gaskets, 36x10.5x3.5 intercooler, walbro inline fuel pump 255lph, magnaflow high flow catalytic convertor, 10 Tbolt clamps, flex pipe 2.5"x8", valve cover breather filter, glass pack (in my personal application with no mufflers or cat). Its only costing me about 2500 bucks. Although there is a great deal of custom work such as welding and what not its all worth it i cant wait to see how this one turns out over the winter. I sold my old kit for about 1900 and i only payed 1200 so its time to mod again and make it more professional looking than the last. All the intercooling pipe will be welded and painted. Intercooler will be painted black with radiator paint. So we shall see im sure ill make another cardomain page so ill keep this post updated.

*2012 mazdaspeed3*
Wednesday, October 26, 2005 7:37 PM
that is a big list and i am tired. i already bought a turbo. it is pretty to look at . need parts to install it. i have an intercooler, front mount from a saab. misc 2 in charge pipe. i have no idea what the saab's run for stock psi. so i need a manifold, bov, charge piping down pipe, that hard to find 90 elbow. and other stuff. if you can hard me with these parts it will be nice. the turbo is out of a 90's 900 or 9000. i would give you the model number but it is at a friends house

Saturday, October 29, 2005 8:52 AM
Anybody have the stage 2 or 3 kit from cavalierextreme.com?
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search