spark plugs upgrade - Performance Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
spark plugs upgrade
Thursday, May 26, 2005 10:31 AM
Should I keep the stock 1 or put in a notch better then the original..

I was thinking about Rapidfire from ACDelco or NGK

---------------------------------------------------------------------

My Car Specs
Club J-Body Montreal Forums

Re: spark plugs upgrade
Friday, May 27, 2005 12:12 AM
I put Denso Iridium Power on mine. part number is ITV16 for those. My car accelerates a little bit smoother and quicker now.
Monday, May 30, 2005 12:13 PM
any others available ?

My Car Specs
Tuesday, May 31, 2005 3:47 AM
I'm gonna try those!

Tuesday, May 31, 2005 2:49 PM
04firetec wrote:I'm gonna try those!

ill try them also

My Car Specs
Wednesday, June 01, 2005 6:44 PM
SuN FuyaRRR wrote:I put Denso Iridium Power on mine. part number is ITV16 for those. My car accelerates a little bit smoother and quicker now.

How long have you had them in your engine. I've heard from some "J" owners that after market spark plugs turn to crap after awhile. And I've heard some say they work fine, but I never hear AC Delco ever giving problems.

This are a few threads from JBO about spark plus.

http://www.j-body.org/forums/read.php?f=47&i=25933&t=25925#25933

http://www.j-body.org/forums/read.php?f=2&i=302134&t=301912#302134
Sunday, June 26, 2005 3:51 PM
I had The Bosch Platinum +4's HORRIBLE Went Back To Brand New Delcos...Couldnt Be Happier Honestly
Monday, June 27, 2005 6:56 AM
talk with a couple of others and said the same thing. Stay with the AcDelco Spark plugs.

-----------------------------------------------------------------
My Car Specs
Thursday, July 07, 2005 9:42 AM
Have ngk iridium in mine have had no problems.
Had to clean them because my intake was sucking oil into the throttle body
other than that no complaints but no real gains either
I say keep what you have and save yourself 20 or 30 bucks
I also put the copper plug springs on and also no big gains
A smoother idle and smoother acceleration but not any noticeable performance gains

D:documents and settingsspa13602.MAST_AGENT8My DocumentsMy PicturesSunfire%200Low.jpg
Friday, July 08, 2005 4:16 PM
elpaso wrote:talk with a couple of others and said the same thing. Stay with the AcDelco Spark plugs.

Or you can run Ngks... little side bit of info from somebody that works in a parts store most ac delco plugs are made by ngk (if you don't believe me just check a few different ac plugs some of them have ngk stamped on the steel part of the plug)... to get the equivelent as the stock plugs you have to run ngk irdiums..
Friday, July 29, 2005 11:46 PM
no problems so far

Friday, August 05, 2005 9:12 AM
ngk all the way
Friday, January 20, 2006 12:39 PM
installed bosch plat 4's a while back, foul and messy and seems like you guys said word on the street is just use regular ac's so im going to pick some up today
Friday, January 20, 2006 3:04 PM
Unless you have any significant performance upgrades. ie..forced induction upgraded ignition(ie. MSD) there is no need to use anything but the stock plug replacements. The amount of spark will not increase nor will ther be any power gains. Best thing to do is use stock replacements and check them periodically for gap and deterioration of the electrodes. As long as the plugs are in good shape the stock ones will give you exactly what you need.
Tuesday, May 01, 2007 3:49 PM
what type of spark plug would be recomended in a turbo application? i heard around that the stock srt4 plugs work or are good. i was thinkin copper also and i want to run a dry nitrous system after the turbo is on. any help? thanks
Thursday, May 03, 2007 1:25 PM
i use the dennso iridium but i went cooler, lowered idle running temps some, and the reason most get slower with the iridium, mean pull the plug and check cause the iridium tip fell off that if what happened with the itv16 when you run it hard and rev they break, i can get you the number for mine, but the ones now are for my crazy set up, but will still work, just not in a car for short trips will rune plug fast
Saturday, May 26, 2007 9:35 PM
Dom J wrote:what type of spark plug would be recomended in a turbo application? i heard around that the stock srt4 plugs work or are good. i was thinkin copper also and i want to run a dry nitrous system after the turbo is on. any help? thanks

I'm running a set of SRT iridium plugs gapped .010 over stock to .052 running my MSD through stock coils, N/A....smoother idle, less gas smell in the exhaust (than before with the MSD), my air/fuel is fine, and the acceleration has gottne some more bite to it.

Memeber since '99

cardomain New England Tunerz
Sunday, March 21, 2010 7:09 AM
running ngk laser plats now, have about 60k on them and running strong smoother idle than stock and more power on bottom end (can accelerate for about 18mph in 5th with right touch compared to no less than 30 with stock) would definately get another setfor this engine. also good on fuel miilage runnign about 39 mpg @ 50/50 split -highway/city straight higway with stock was about 41 lookin at about 45-47 straight highway now if i was to go somewhere
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search