removing black box ontop of throttle body - Performance Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
removing black box ontop of throttle body
Thursday, June 09, 2005 11:53 AM
ok im getting a big bore throttle body and will be scrapping the black box on top of my throttle body,i got a nice crack breather filter but what do i do with the skinny little line coming from the rail behind the box ??? if you now please help

Re: removing black box ontop of throttle body
Thursday, June 09, 2005 5:14 PM
Sounds like your talking about the vac line running to your fpr (fuel pressure regulator). Definatley need a vac line on the fpr. The eco intake manifold has extra vac ports built in, they are nubs on the intake manifold with a black rubber cap. Take one of the caps of and run a piece of vac line from the nub to the fpr.
Monday, June 20, 2005 9:53 AM
Well if you just cap off the fpr it will run a little higher pressure. Maybe useful pressure.
Wednesday, June 22, 2005 5:13 PM
tmnt328 wrote:Sounds like your talking about the vac line running to your fpr (fuel pressure regulator). Definatley need a vac line on the fpr. The eco intake manifold has extra vac ports built in, they are nubs on the intake manifold with a black rubber cap. Take one of the caps of and run a piece of vac line from the nub to the fpr.

if you disconnect the fpr the difference is very small. its only a difference of 6 psi of fuel pressure. i have the aem cold air kit on my car and for those you who know it doesn't have the port on the tubing. i have never had a problem with it at all.
Saturday, June 25, 2005 9:56 AM
Yeah, I've got the Weapon R cold air on mine, but it has both the vac line and the oil blowby line ports in it. I have run the car without the vac line connected however and didn't see much of a difference.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search