B&M Shift Plus Electronic Shift Improver - Performance Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
B&M Shift Plus Electronic Shift Improver
Saturday, July 30, 2005 12:15 PM
I was wondering if anyone has tried the B&M Shift Plus Electronic Shift Improver. I am talking about a 02 Cavalier ecotec here with automatic transmission. Does anyone know how exactly the shift imrover works and what it is supposed to do and has anyone tried it at all?

Re: B&M Shift Plus Electronic Shift Improver
Saturday, July 30, 2005 4:27 PM
The shift improver kit basically ups the line pressure in the Tranny to give you firmer and much quicker shifts to prevent and cutback the lag created when shifting on an AT at stock settings. Much to people's suprise, the increase in line pressure is actually better for the transmission, and provided that you use the device responsibly and not driving balls to the walls in "race mode/mode 2" all the time, you should enjoy improved shifts for a very long time. The benefit of the B&M unit is that it has an "Off" setting, so that the unit can be turned off when you want to return to stock driving/shifting, but also allows you to select "Mode 1" for moderate, middle of the road quick shifts, and then a full on race mode (Mode 2) for the hardest and quickest shifts. The latter of the two is not recommended for use outside of track and other racing only applications, though I'll admit that Ive used it the odd time on the street lol. The unit is BY FAR the BEST $50 Ive ever spent on the car performance wise, and has been reported by J body owners to have cut anywhere from .2-.5 off their 1/4 ET. The device installs extremely easy, and can easily be hidden away under/inside the dash as well. Check over on Jbody.org for more feedback on the unit - it's rather popular with the users over there as well.

Cheers!
Monday, August 01, 2005 9:50 PM
Where can I buy one of these at? this sounds like a great mod...so it doesnt cause any transmission problems?
Monday, August 01, 2005 10:26 PM
It only causes tranny problems if you drive with it on setting 2 non-stop. You can get it at:

Gravana Tuning
Car Customs
JTuners

There's some sites that sell it, i'm sure there's others, you'll just have to search around more.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search