Acceleration - Performance Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Acceleration
Monday, August 01, 2005 9:53 PM
I have a 2004 Cavalier and would like some tips on increasing my acceleration. I have installed an AEM Cold Air Intake, and i have an auto tranny. My friends has the same car only a manual and he stomps on me from a dead stop all the time. My car has great mid range power and if we are cruising side by side at about 30mph i will stomp him usually. But I just need something for my low end. Anyone got any suggestions?

Re: Acceleration
Monday, August 01, 2005 10:29 PM
4-2-1 Header could be a good start, then perhaps high-flow cat and cat-back exhaust system. Its weird that you lose to your buddy all the time since all I have is the same intake as you and the Magnaflow Cat-back and I kill manual tranny Jbodies all the time. You could also try getting the B&M Shiftplus, it will help your acceleration somewhat. Theres a few posts about the Shiftplus already posted on this forum so try reading around and you should get some answers sooner or later.

Monday, August 08, 2005 6:44 PM
would this work on my saturn LW200???

"Racing is life Everything else is just waiting"
Phil
Monday, August 08, 2005 8:34 PM
If your Saturn has the 4T40E Transmission then it should work but if it donsn't have it then no it won't.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search