swapping eco into 2000 sunfire - Performance Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
swapping eco into 2000 sunfire
Tuesday, August 09, 2005 8:09 AM
Hey. I would like to swap a 2.2 eco into my 2000 sunfire with the 2200. I want to know if this is possible, and how hard it would be. I would also like to go from my auto to a manual on the eco. I am leaving for school in 1 month, and need to know if I should start this, or just swap another 2200 motor in temporarilly. Could you tell me what all I would need besides motor, trans, and front wiring. THanks!

Re: swapping eco into 2000 sunfire
Wednesday, August 10, 2005 4:48 AM
its pretty straight forward, going for an auto a manual tranny will be a little tricky. the tranny mounts are different so you will have to weld new ons in. other changes you will need some changes. clutch peddle-cables, master cylinder, center console for the stick, shifter, more shift cables.

I'm going with the straight sway myself, then change over to a manual later on. ( my reason for the tranny swap is different than most, I'm just sick of the bad gas mileage of the auto.)

Friday, August 12, 2005 2:20 PM
If you stay with the auto trans..
engine (complete)
auto trans (complete)
engine harness
pcm (need to have dealership reflash)
powersteering lin (powersteering pump is in a different location)

Parts cinny forgot for many swap:
clutch resevior
clutch lines
clutch pedal

To make easier and cheaper.. buy a wrecked car with everything you want. Instead of buying individual pieces.

Which everything would bolt up. But... if you swapped to a manual. Cinny is right. You will need to weld new trans mount brackets on to the frame. Not to mention cutting a hole in the floor to put the clutch pedal, and possibly cutting a hole in floor for manual shifter location.

Not likely you can do this in a months time. If just swapping with no trans swapping, looking at at least $1000 for parts. Thats if you aren't going to build up the engine, or put on mods.

With the tranny swap, looking at $1500 atleast if not more.
Sunday, August 14, 2005 8:58 AM
i just forgot the reservoir, the cables and petal are listed.

Friday, August 19, 2005 10:23 AM
Sorry... Oh and thanks for the bolts and flange!
Friday, August 19, 2005 3:23 PM
oh good I was starting to worry

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search