random questions - Performance Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
random questions
Tuesday, August 02, 2005 2:24 PM
hey just to let everyone know im new to this website and i have an 05 cavalier with dual flowmaster exhaust b&m short shifter and intake. im needing help on what to do next. theres header, boring throttle body out, cam, mainfold, flywheel clutch ect. wanting to know what worked best with everyone one out there and product names. also if you could include a website to purchase the product it would be helpful. also has anyone found a good brand of tire that they can hook up on. any info would be helpful thanks

Re: random questions
Friday, August 05, 2005 11:47 AM
Since you have an intake & exhaust already, might as well get the header next.

Boring the TB can be tricky, and getting the plate to match the bore isn't easy either. Lots people say it's better to just buy the TB.

Intake... RSM Racing might have one for ecotec. Then there's one from GM that supports a 72mm TB from a LS1 engine. Only really needed with turbo set up.

The rest is good to, but either going to take alot work or money to pay someone to put the stuff in the engine. Might be wise to get all the internal parts you want and install / have installed at the same time. That way you aren't taking the motor apart every time you get a part. To much extra work.

Some web sites the have ecotec parts:
Carcustoms.net
Gravanatuning.com
RSMracing.com
Jbodyperformance.com
Aplusperformance.com
gmgoodwrench.com/perfpartsjsp/partlist.jsp?cat=9284§ion=pp
Tuesday, August 09, 2005 9:21 PM
hi, ok, im short for words, 02 alero 5spd. need to know aftermarket, just for my car. i have no clue,
Saturday, August 13, 2005 7:40 AM
roger crandall wrote:hi, ok, im short for words, 02 alero 5spd. need to know aftermarket, just for my car. i have no clue,

Oldsmobile huh?

Basically any ecotec part (ie. throttle body, header, pistons, cams, valves, etc.) will work in in any car with a ecotec.

Intake for your car should be the same as cavalier, sunfire, GA, GP (with 2.2L). Not a 100% sure on that, but the engine compartment I think is set up the same. Basically it would be easier to examine your engine compartment, and compare it to these cars to see which is the cloest to yours. Then order an intake for that car. Or your can custom make one by buying some tubing, a bend or two, and a filter.

Ions will not since the battery is located in the trunk, and the engine bay is set up different. Unless your battery is located in the trunk as well. I'm not sure I've never looked under the hood of an alero.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search