AEM Intake or Weapon-R Intake - Performance Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
AEM Intake or Weapon-R Intake
Friday, October 07, 2005 11:37 AM
I can't decide between the AEM intake or the Weapon-R. I seen them both here: Racingsolution.Com

I like the AEM cause it comes in different colors, but I dunno. I've heard real good things about the Weapon-R and I've seen Dynos on it too. What do you guys think?

Re: AEM Intake or Weapon-R Intake
Friday, October 07, 2005 1:24 PM
Both are good brands.
I would go with Weapon-R. You can always repaint the tube any color you want. Also I think AEM is slightly overrated IMO.
Friday, October 07, 2005 5:32 PM
i have the weapon-r not a bad intake , be careful with the vac lines on the tube, a weld broke on 1 of the vac tubes when i originally installed it. so its getting replaced with an aem cold air
Friday, October 07, 2005 5:43 PM
i have the weapon-r and i painted it yellow to match my car and i love it gives it really nice sound too so go with the weapon-r or you could go with the cheapest they both do the same thing and will add about the same amount of power
Saturday, October 08, 2005 1:41 AM
for only a few dollars more i would go with the aem cai cause a cai is always better that a wai.

12.7@110MPH with 10PSI.
Monday, October 10, 2005 5:30 PM
fatcavy04 wrote:for only a few dollars more i would go with the aem cai cause a cai is always better that a wai.

Thats the stupidest thing I have seen today.

NE way, I have the weapon r and I like it.

2012 HD VRSCF
2010 Ford Explorer
2006 Ford Ranger
2004 Chevy Cavalier
Wednesday, October 12, 2005 1:38 PM
I have a friend that has an AEM intake on his integra. From the different intakes I've seen, I'd have to say AEM is my favourite....IMO.
Wednesday, October 12, 2005 8:04 PM
I have the AEM cold air and i love it, plus it looks awesome. Thats just me though.

--------------------------------------------------------
2006 Yellow SS/SC Cobalt w/G85 package and Recaro Seats.
--------------------------------------------------------
*MOD LIST*
AEM Cold Air
Black Halo Projectors
GM Perfomance Cat-back Exhaust (Sport)
Many Many more to come!
Wednesday, November 23, 2005 8:31 PM
Whichever one makes the power that you want go with that one.
Wednesday, November 23, 2005 10:57 PM
Quote:

Whichever one makes the power that you want go with that one.

no kidding eh....

i have heard good things about the gains on the weapon r intake but i have heard some bad things about the quality of the intake (actually on this site). i know there is someone who has tried both cause they have replied to one of my other posts. some advice: dont pick the intake cause of the colour.

i am currently in the same situation as you, deciding which one i should get. In february, i should be putting a nice chunk of change into my car so i will let you know if you havent found one by then.
Sunday, November 27, 2005 4:34 PM
Weapon-R Secret Weapon intake owner here...just installed it a week and a half ago on my '04 Cavy... LOVING the top end increase... 3500RPM and above are so fun now

NO...it's NOT a freakin' Honda!!!

Monday, November 28, 2005 1:11 PM
Quote:

Weapon-R Secret Weapon intake owner here...just installed it a week and a half ago on my '04 Cavy... LOVING the top end increase... 3500RPM and above are so fun now

cool, did you have any probs with the quality of the intake, also what has been your experience with other intakes?
Tuesday, December 13, 2005 5:42 PM
I have had an RKSPORT INTAKE for over 2 years and even though it works great, I really would prefer to have an AEM CAI. People say by the time the air reaches to your engine, its already warm... Makes sense. However, my intake is not audible unlike people that have CAI (specially hondas). I've heard a weapon R intake on an eco sound really good. I still would take an AEM CAI so will be selling mine and switching to a new intake soon.

"FRIENDS DON'T LET FRIENDS DRIVE STOCK"

Tuesday, December 13, 2005 5:58 PM
Now i'm not 100% sure bout this but for the AEM CAI, isnt the only reason it sounds like it does is because it is in the front bumper, which in turn makes the sound resonate. Atleast thats what mine did. Have had it for over a year and no problems yet. Thats just me tho.

Tuesday, December 13, 2005 9:00 PM
I have a k&n short ram polished intake, $190 shipped, works great sounds good. dont know much about the weapon r's but the aems i think are over rated i had one, does the same thing as short ram. and my short ram looks a heck of alot better.
Thursday, December 15, 2005 1:18 PM
CAI vs. WAI is b.s. The temperature difference is so small that no noticeable gains are found between the two.
I had the Weapon-R intake(short ram) before I turboed and it worked fine for me. It was easy to install, sounded nice and had a noticeable gain(mid power band). The disadvantage was that the elbow into the throttle body was rubbing my hood whenever my engine rocked. (Before upper and lower motor mounts). I trimmed the coupler holding the plenum on the throttle body and solved this problem.

AEM CAI - Some people like it, I have had no experience with it. The main disadvantage with this setup is buying the bypass valve to prevent water from being sucked up into the intake, which adds to an already over-inflated price.
One way or another, its a tube with a filter on the end of it. Don't go overboard on it.

Boosted Eco @7psi for now....GTO come spring.....
Monday, December 19, 2005 11:44 PM
I have to disagree with no difference between the warm and cold air intakes.......maybe not a noticable difference but if you have been driving for a little while and your engine it hott(obviously) then my AEM CAI that is getting air from out side the engine bay is still going to be performing as it always does. could be wrong here but thats what i have heard and it makes sence......

but yes AEM is really expensive, i got it over a year agho drive in the winter with no by pass and have had no problems........Go with what you want but i recomend the AEM CAI and you wont regret it.

I have one true love in my life...And my girlfriend sits next to me in it
Tuesday, December 20, 2005 11:03 PM
I have a AEM intake and I love it, It looks and sounds awesome alot better sound then stock I can fell the differents in the performance and it just gets up and go's...I love it....It sound good and I dont have my exhaust on yet....

Wednesday, December 21, 2005 10:52 AM
hey what about the injen cai? totally forgot that this one existed
Thursday, December 22, 2005 11:26 AM
I have an AEM CAI, its awesome i installed it about 6months ago and never had anyproblems with it. I noticed a decent increase in power. Down side of CAI is that it is a pain to change the filter, personally i have the CAI but if i was in your position i would go with a Short Ram. Also don't forget about K&N, my friend has one and it is a Short Ram, very nice, very good quality parts and so on.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search