Modifications apply to other models? - Performance Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Modifications apply to other models?
Wednesday, October 12, 2005 2:56 PM
Here's the deal. I have a 2004 Checy Malibu CLASSIC. I bought it because i just needed a reliable daily driver. While the car hasn't let me down, it is quite boring. I see all these mods availible for sunfire/cavaliers, but nothing listed for the classic (who would want to anyhow right?!) Im not looking for 300HP craziness, just something to make the a little fun. I was thinkin along the lines of forced induction. There are kits (oth supercharger, and turbo) readily availible for Cavy's and such. Will these fit the classic.

Not that it matters much, but the engine bay is significantly larger when compared to a cavy/sunfire.

Yes, i know the car is ghey, but it's what i got, and it needs to be a little fun.

Re: Modifications apply to other models?
Wednesday, October 12, 2005 3:41 PM
as long as your malibu has an ecotec, almost all engine mods will work (coming from a person who drives an alero) even most headers bolt up good and clear everything fine.....cold air intakes most likely wont work...warm air intakes might work......all forced induction should be fine.........i'd recommend the GM supercharger for the ecotec, easy install and your local dealership can re-flash your computer.....a turbo would be a hassle if you're just looking to make your car a little more fun and faster........also, obviously suspension mods will not work on your car, that would normally work on a cavileer
Wednesday, October 12, 2005 5:45 PM
You'd have to wait until the GM Supercharger comes out for the Ecotec first though wouldn't you? I know there was a post either on her or the .org about it being finally out but I don't really know where it went.

Wednesday, October 12, 2005 6:19 PM
I found a Weapon R intake on their web site made for our cars. I also have a 2004 Malibu with an ECOTEC. I don't know how well it will fit, but it's nice to know its there.

I also found a set of headers by Pacesetter that will fit our car, there will most likely be a little bit of modification required.
Wednesday, October 12, 2005 7:06 PM
I saw a listing on here, that goes thru a step by step WITH part #'s for a supercharger install. Im sure it won't be cheap, but is there any significant ad-on that is?

I constantly see drop springs on Ebay. I'm just worried that they are cut stock springs. Same rate, just 1 to 2 coils less...pointless really. I do think the classic has a higher ride, but i don't want a harsh ride, i have my nissan for that.
Thursday, October 13, 2005 8:22 PM
Exactly, from what i've been reading on the org it looked like the S/C was out, so dont talk down to me.

You should be fine with that Weapon R intake on your malibu because Weapon R doesnt make a CAI for the ECO, that means it's WAI, and that should work just fine.
Friday, October 14, 2005 5:09 PM
My apoligies if i came off as talking down. I didn't mean it to sound like that.
Friday, October 14, 2005 6:58 PM
not you jeff, im talking about Alex, you're fine
Thursday, November 24, 2005 5:50 AM
rsm racing makes a supercharger kit to fit the ION that looks as though it would fit where your stock airbox is. just a thought.

for just cheap power I would work on the breathing of the engine:
intake kit. or if you don't like the noise (its really loud) you could modify the stock airbox for better breathing

a custom cat back will free up some more power but because your car is larger/heavier you may want to stay away from the 3" drain pipe, a 2 1/4" cat back with a nice quiet performance muffler will give you more pep and keep the boys in blue off your back

http:

"Racing is life Everything else is just waiting"
Phil
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search