venom intake manifold - Performance Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
venom intake manifold
Tuesday, July 26, 2005 9:42 AM
i have a few questions about the venom intake manifold...

1. can i order this from the venom-performance web site.....i cant seem to find where if i can..........and how much does it cost

2. will i be able to put this on a stock 2002 ecotec with no modifications

any help or other information is greatly appreciated.

Re: venom intake manifold
Wednesday, July 27, 2005 8:56 AM
On the Venom website there is a "contact us" tab you can select that will bring up an emaili format so you can email them. I did this before with Hahn when their Ecotec Turbo system was new but wasn't even on the website. Also, you may not be able to order directly from the company.
Tuesday, August 09, 2005 9:02 PM
Bout $1K. Not bad for a custom intake manifold. But people still complain.
It will bolt up to a 02 cav/fire/ion.

My Car
Friday, August 12, 2005 12:12 PM
I wouldn't mind seeing some dyno sheets of this product before I go spending that sort of money. I'm sure i'm not alone either.

Tuesday, September 13, 2005 8:42 AM
id like to see some dyno sheets as well
Thursday, September 29, 2005 11:53 PM
somehow i doubt for 1k your gonna get the kinda power that your expecting. What kind of power do you guys want to improve for 1k? Just a general question im curious.

*2012 mazdaspeed3*
Friday, September 30, 2005 7:08 AM
GM Racing has one for $800, the part# is 88958629. You have to buy the 5.3L V8 throttle body, and the stock PCM wont work with it.
Friday, September 30, 2005 3:05 PM
^^^ not to sound like a tard but getting that manifold would only be good if you are heavy into drag racing, I mean, what would a 75mm T/B be good for when running on the street. Atleast, in my opinion I find it pointless, others may disagree but its up to you to decide.

Sunday, November 27, 2005 6:14 PM
Venom's intake manifold is primarily modeled after the GM Racing intake manifold that uses a 75mm throttle body. The manifold is for high rpm applications. Your fuel economy and acceleration will suffer at low RPM's. I wouldn't recommend it for street applications. Better to port/polish your cylinder head, install a larger throttle body, aftermarket intake, upgrade fuel pressure regulator or install larger injectors if you need more air into the engine to make more power.
Sunday, November 27, 2005 7:04 PM
^^ No, it's modeled after stock.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search